www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Barometric Pressure

Default Barometric Pressure

What device, if any, do you guys have with you while you are fishing to monitor the barometric pressure? I'm plannin to keep better track of the pressures this year. I bought an inexpensive device from Cabela's that is supposed to just show the changes in pressure. I figure that is enough to at least start with. Just curious to see what you guys use.

Several years back I bought a little handheld barometer (from Cabelas I think) and used it for the season but got away from it. I wasn't convinced that the thing was accurate at all. It moved too much in a day for me to believe it. There were also times when it would go up or down and based on the weather conditions, I thought it should be moving in the opposite direction. I normally just listen to the local report on my VHF for weather and get the local barometer reading there.

I have wondered about this product at times:
    http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CCcQ8wIwAg#

Anybody have one of these?

Yeah I had an Angler's Edge for a while and it basically drove me crazy because you have to set the latitude/longitude for every different location you visit. I don't go fishing to play with electronics all day.

LOL I agree, I don't wanna be spending time with too many electronics either. I'm just hopin this one will at least show if there are "big" swings of pressure one way or the other. I figure that should be enough for what I am hoping to correlate. I definitely don't expect this one to have much accuracy in terms of stable readings. Just hopin to see the changes.