www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Pennsylvania's Biggest Fish of 2010

Default Pennsylvania's Biggest Fish of 2010

Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Default ??

How do they have some of the biggest small mouth being caught out of season. Can anyone send in the info or do they need to be credited by someone? Nice eye out of the river 33" 15#. I'd take one of those today!

Look at the rules at the top of the page. Catches/weights are not verified and submitted on the honor system.

I think it was last year maybe when the 2 top muskies would have broken the state record.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I should have submitted my Musky...it would have made the list.

That ain't the biggest Walleye either!

Brian

The rules for bass in Lake Erie are "special". One 20+ inch bass can be kept during the time when the season becomes C and R for the rest of the state.

Trauts, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Like Red said, two years ago the same guy had two state record muskies that I believe he caught on a minnow.

After seeing that I don't pay much attention to it.
    I undestand it would be cool to see your name there and that was what I was thinking that year, I had caught my biggest fish that year. If it wasn't for that guy over-inflating his fish by 20-30 pounds my name would of been up there too.

We saw a picture of yours. I'm sure lots of these winning people don't have a picture at all and just happened to be fishing alone that day!
    Shame a few buttheads have to be like that and ruin it for honest people.

It's probably cool to see your name up there for catching a big fish but I think the feeling of catching a fish of that calibur and knowing you let it go to grow feels way better.

I think what impresses me the most of the biggest fish caught all year are the rainbow trout, not steelhead, weighing in the 14 to 16.5lb range. I'm assuming these are stocked breeders.

I know for a fact one of them was a stocked fish...that was the #2 rainbow, I would suspect the others were as well.

Wow..back home a 5LB trout would be a wall hanger!!! I couldn't imagine hooking a 16 pounder. My fishing buddies would definitely be JEALOUS!!!