www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Grand Slam

Default Grand Slam

This past November I was lucky enough to get whay I call a toothy critter grand slam.
    Night fishing past midnight I caught a walleye. Went back and slept for Musky the next day and landed a pike, musky and tiger musky. Four different toothy fish in one day.
    I've done this once before w/ trout (brown, rainbow, brookie and tiger).
    Maybe you,ve already done this or would consider it an accomplishment when it does happen.
    Good Luck fishing!

Pretty cool for sure. All you needed was Grass and Chain pickerel and you would have hammered the entire Esox family.

That would be very tough for me to pull it off in this section of river. Tigers are extremely rare up in this area.

Congrats!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Sweet.

I got 3 pike, a muskie and a tiger one day but was missing the walleye.
    Following day got a 45" incher and a 26" walleye. Days might have been opposite, can't remember.

I'd say what you did would be called a Slam for sure and pretty darn rare.

second tiger for me. 9 years seperated from my first.

I think this is quite an accomplishment for anyone!!! Congratulations

Default Grand Slam

That is quite a rare accomplishment indeed and one I would be very proud of.

Makes me think about what the Presque Isle/Lake Erie slam should include...bowfin, sheepshead, carp and bullhead. Definitely not on the same playing field as the toothy predators but still a challenge and not always found in the same day, week or even year. Trying to go out and do this in the same day would definitely be a challenge. Targeting bowfin would be the most difficult. I was throwing spinnerbaits for bass near the Chestnut ramps last June when I spotted what I thought was a nice pike sunning itself in the shallows. It attacked my bait as soon as it hit the water and to my surprise ended up being a 30" bowfin. Very strong and powerful fish...with teeth! I have caught several very large specimens in that area over the years while bass and perch fishing. Even use to catch some nice walleye in the 20"-22" size there from time to time as well.