www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: On our way

Question On our way

Hey guys, A group of us is heading to LBDN for our annual trip. Just wondering what the ice conditions are like, Im sure there is plenty of ice but Im bringin my ATV and my buddy is gonna drive his truck out. Just wondering if there is alot of snow on the ice and how people are moving around. Last year a full minnow on a jiggin rap or shiver minnow was prime with a stinger hook for walleyes. We are stayin just north of the vagabond access and intend to fish the mud flats that are east of Center Reef and the small flat thats just North of Hunters Point. Goal is to score some nice wally's and hopefully some decent perch.

Any tips would be appreciated, I know things change from year to year. Thanks guys and good luck on the ice.......

Default tough bite

perch are gorging themselves with wigglers coming out of the mud , getting a few nice 12-14" perch in the deeper water but has slowed , walleyes are out in the big lake feeding on smelt. fish slow and lite is what i have found out to be working . moonshine shiver minnows 00 size with a waxworm or wiggler seems to be best colors are , bloodynose , tangerine tiger , razorburn , and i just picked up IK Dominator , ( purple & orange) that seems to be working good for eye's perch seem to want small teardrops with wigglers or spikes.

The ice is great all over(minus the terrace areas), just pay attention around the pressure cracks and cross where others do.

Travel on the bay will be good by ATV or truck, snow drifts in a few places but the last couple times out I never used 4wd if that tells you anything.

Like the previous post said, slow bite, but better than no bite!

The Kipling launch is going to be crazy most of saturday, be prepared, and good luck!

Smile its early

314 a.m. Our long drive to the bay begins, thanks perch n eyes.......best of luck to you and I will try your advice on the "lite" bite.

Good luck Darter, Our group will be heading to LBDN Feb.8th for a week of Friends and Fishing.....Good times for sure!!

"Fish On Team Bruce"