www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 12-20 to 12-22 report

Default 12-20 to 12-22 report

3 of us came from Park Falls Wisconsin and rented a sleeper shack from Mark at hawg heaven guide service.

Monday through Tuesday morning the fishing was good. Tuesday afternoon the bite slowed for us and continued through the night. Fish were hitting suckers on the tipups but they were dropping them. Acting a little finicky. We picked up another Walleye on Wednesday morning and then we had to pack up and head back to town.

We managed a 19", 21.5", 22", (4) 23", 24.5", 26", and a 29.5" walleyes... Along with a few pike and a 12" perch. Also had a 3 snapoffs during the night. We fished out from Yellow Gate. All in all it was a good trip and the fish cooperated. Everything was caught on tipups using 5-6" suckers. Never left to go do any jigging because we figured we were leaving fish if we did!

Just a quick thanks to Mark for putting us in a good spot!!!

Thanks,
    John

Cool Good Job !!!

Hey John,

I ran into you guys early Wed. morning in the fog on the red 4 wheeler. I don't think you missed much the rest of the day after you left. I didn't do too well, twin pike, 2-28 inchers and 1-14.5" perch (piggy) and a few dink walleys. There was no usual evening bite 3:30 - 6:00 at least where I was.
    Nice meeting you and glad Mark could get ya on some fish.
    Slammer!!!

Hey Slammer,

It was nice meeting you to! Its to bad that you didn't do very well but on the other hand Im glad that I didn't miss much. I enjoy every trip I take up to LBDN. Wish I was a little closer and could do it more often!

Good Luck the rest of the season and maybe Ill run into you some other time on the water.

John

My uncle had just bought a place in glastone and i will be up there every other wknd starting in a week. What color jigging rapala would u use over any other up there.Also anybody fish all night up there?

Welcome to the site, behr10. Glow Green Tiger and Glow Tiger in size #7 are our two best sellers, with Clown being a close third place. Anything that glows works good up here. Moonshine Shiver Minnows and Northland Buckshot spoons round out my personal top three baits.

You can fish all night long, but you'll see that 99% of the people are off the ice within a half hour after sunset.

Good luck fishing here this winter.
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com