www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Underwater camera lights?

Default Underwater camera lights?

I have a guide series cam, i like it, but of course when it starts to get dark, i cant see, other than the walleyes eyes. i purchased a small waterproof led light, cuz i cant afford a new aqua view, and plan on jerry-rigging it to the cable above the cam.
    Ive always been curious about the light effecting the fish, and was hoping to get peoples opinions who use a cam with light about this.
    i talked to one gentleman who says it actually seems to atract the fish, but ?????

I was hoping maybe to target burbot as well as eyes after dark.

I'm interested in the replies as well...

When I fish LBDN I typically stay overnight on the ice in my popup shanty 1. because it's cheaper than a hotel and 2. because I don't have to wake up early and set up in the freezing ass cold while spooking fish with drilling holes, etc.. Nothing beats waking up to a rattle reel jingling and losing line in a nice warm shanty.

With that being said, my fishing partner and I have had the best luck for burbot after dark, and consistently.. They'll bite all night long; a benefit of staying on the ice all night. We've caught some good ones on everything from 7" suckers on tipups to genz glow bugs with a minnow head (quite a few on this actually). Burbot are really awesome to see swimming on camera if you happen to catch a glimpse of one during the daytime.

I have also considered getting a light system for after hours..

Maybe an underwater 12v light on a separate cable and battery?? They sell them at cabela's, etc..

Default Under water camera lights

Guys, I cant speak for others but I have had an Aqua view for several years. I have the lights in the camera and I too experience the difficulty seeing after dusk.
    i have notices that around dusk I watch pan fish around my bait and when I turn on the lights they leave. this isn't a one time incident, and that frustrates me because I want to see down there.

I don't know if this helps anyone but that has been my experience with the lights on my unit.

Good luck fishing

Smile camera lights

I also have a aqua view and what I have noticed in the past is the perch will just set on the bottom once it gets to dark even with the camera lights on. Now the walleye will come in but all you will see is the glow of their eyes and maybe their outline at a distance " must be camera shy". One year I had a lawyer nose right up to the camera they seem to be more courious of the lights.

a packrat sighting! hey, buddy..

I may try out some lights this year.. will post back here on results.. I've got to think, with the clear water up in LBDN, that they may work pretty well..

been some pretty dirty water around this fall. I'd be curious to the results as well.