www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: GST Refund

Default GST Refund

Hey everyone.

Just a heads up about your GST refund checks - I've had trouble getting a bank down here to honor the check without a hassle. There is a $10 service charge for a foreign check pretty much anywhere you go, Not a big deal. But this year I get a letter in the mail from my bank stating that they had debited my account for $26 and change to account for a .923 exchange rate.

If you are paying this fee, call your bank. I called and explained that the bill for service, and the GST refund calculation were all in U.S. dollars. When I questioned why there would be a deduction based on exchange rate, the bank manager said "Oh. Yes, I see here that the check WAS in US dollars. Yes, that was a mistake. We'll credit your account for the difference."

I don't know if it was intentional or not on their part, but I suspect most would just accept that without question. If you've had to pay any sort of exchange rate fee, you probably shouldn't have. It might be worth a call to your bank jsut to be sure.

Jeff

Default herbie

another thing to consider if you are planning an annual trip,lots are just sending me thier rebate checks for thier 2011 deposit and there's no hassel cashing them here,.\
    steve
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com