www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ice Conditions

Smile Ice Conditions

Anyone know if there's safe enough ice out there on Trude Lake to fish this coming weekend? Was thinking about coming up. Also, last year the regs went from 2 walleye to 3 walleye for ice fishing on Trude. Is that still the case? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Smiley

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

Default Lake Bastine Area of TFF

Our Cabins are on the Lake Bastine area of the TFF. My neighbor was ice fishing yesterday and told me the ice varied from2"-4".

www.flambeauvista.com

Just got back from Mercer last night. The bays on most lakes were frozen when we arrived on Weds but the big waters just froze over Saturday night. Minnoqua also froze Saturday night. It was Forty degrees when we left Sunday so I wouldn't trust Trude yet.

Exclamation TFF Ice

Just took a look out the window - there is still ice on the Baraboo lake basin, but the back bay where my dock is now has open water (11/30, 2:30 p.m.)

I would be very, very, careful !!

Tight Lines,

Tom502

Default ice?

I have not been to the tff lately but it started raining in park falls yesterday afternoon and continued through the night and finally switched to snow during the day today. If the weather was similar on the tff I would think some ice (if there was some) would have been lost but at the same time if there was snow that would also be gone and hopefully it cools down and it starts forming some good ice.

last week at this time I put in at sportsmans landing and boated down to rat lake area, some bays had 1-2 inches of ice. I am waiting for a week or two before venturing out just not worth the risk

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the inputs. I'll be sure to stay in the shallower areas where there's more ice and post a report early next week with my results.

Smiley

Default ice thickness

drove down to sportsmans landing today and drilled a hole , 5 inches of ice

Default Good Ice

Had 5" of good ice off Fisherman's. Had good luck on Friday but pretty slow on Saturday. There was only an inch of snow on the ice so it was making good ice most of the week. With lake effect snow coming in late Saturday, I left town early. Be back in a couple weeks.

Smiley