www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: My Personal Best

Default My Personal Best

I landed my personal best today after a very tough year of fishing. I just got a video camera yesterday and decided to mount it to the bow and see if I could get myself catching one. It happened to work out well today. I lost a nice one last Friday because of my hookset and I wanted to be able to watch myself set the hook to see if I could improve.
    Here is the video I made and uploaded to YouTube. Y'all will be glad that I cut out the part with me taking a leak and the part where I was bent over pulling the fish out and my butt crack was exposed to the world.
    You will see in the video I was snapping on a manta and something just made me stop and switch baits. She hit on the 9th cast.
    I know most of you guys have all caught bigger ones, but this is my best to date and being such a bad year made it all that much better. I'm proud damnit!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Y6tPk55F4

That is awesome all the way around man. Great video, great tune selection (I'm a fan and that song is quite fitting for this addiction), and a fantastic fish!! Congrats man. As usual, after seeing or reading about this stuff, I'm ready to jump in the boat right this second. Nice job!!

KICKASS! That is awesome plain and simple. I'm all fired up now!

Thanks.. I'm still fired up! Now I have to go all weekend without fishing though. I'll be sitting at "Curious George on Ice" tomorrow watching musky videos on my Phone.

Awesome Job Mike !! Congrats on your personal best. I watched the video 3 times, can't wait to get back on the water. Thanks for sharing.

The video is awesome!!! Its cool you got the whole thing on video!!! Great looking fall fattie too!!!! Congrats!

Congrats on the nice fish and very cool video! That's a nice fish for the yough.

Very nice healthy fish and a great vid !! Good job !!

I once (several times) tried to video myself, they all were terrible. Well done on the video, and great catch!

Your dues were finally rewarded. Congrats!!

That adds a little pressure on us for next weekend.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

We're not on tour...the only pressure will be Barometric.

We pound the water efficiently, wear our lucky boxers and leave the rest up

to the fish <*((((((((((><

Nice fish Mike!! Hope that we can get more Muskies like this out of the Yough. Nice video.

Dave

Very nice fish, and cool video. Thanks for sharing that. Just curious, what did you end up getting the fish on? I personally have a lot of confidence in the Manta when fishing rivers. What made you change your mind?

Just a gut reaction. I had already been through that spot 3 different times that day and wanted to try something completely different. I know the manta works well, but I've never caught a fish on it yet. When I'm uncertain I seem to fall back on a confidence bait.