www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Sucker Availability This Weekend

Default Sucker Availability This Weekend

Just a heads up that R&H Musky Shop got a supply of large and extra large suckers in today. Don't expect them to last long. First come first served.

Pete Stoltman Regular Fishin' Regular Guys
    www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

Here's the update as of Friday morning. We've got maybe 100 left of the shipment that came in Thursday. Probably be gone sometime today. Sorry can't reserve any. First come first served. If anyone out there wants to report where they are able to get suckers elsewhere feel free to post it here. Not an ad for R&H just helpful info.

www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

R&H ran out Friday afternoon. Island Sport in Minocqua had "some" left as of eary Friday evening but who knows how long they'll last. From what I hear there are virtually none left throughout most of the northwoods. Probably more coming sometime this coming week. Depends on how many the bait suppliers can trap.

My solution? Get out there and cast. Been catching and seeing fish on jerkbaits and shallow cranks. Suckers are not the only way to catch muskies at this time of the year.

www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

My solution? Get out there and cast. Been catching and seeing fish on jerkbaits and shallow cranks. Suckers are not the only way to catch muskies at this time of the year.
    ... or row...

Mark

No, no, don't row. It's too hard, you never see fish. Other fishermen laugh at you...
    Actually, I was babysitting last night and this morning. I'm a little bit better at handling Allison Jean (the boat) than I am at Allison Jean (the grandaughter). Been a LONG time since I did that much with an infant. Kinda scary. I'll take three foot waves on North Twin at least I sort of know what I'm doing in that situation. By the way, is it possible to put diapers on backwards????

www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

Default Muskies

Pete,

"...possible to put diapers on backwards?"- I assume you're talking about Allison Jean! ;-)

On a more muskie fishing note, I had the lip break off in a 10" Night Stalker Jake Sat. A.M. I checked the Drifter/Esox Research/Maina websites and don't see this color pattern listed (light purple body/black head) and I'm wondering if it is possible to replace the lip or if this is now considered "junk"? Doesn't seem to work too well as a lipless crankbait!

Are you sure you're not thinking of "Night Shiner" color #103? Take a look at it here http://www.muskymania.com/products/jake-colors.php and while you're at it the new holographic version #503 is pretty cool too. As far as lips are concerned you may want to contact Drifter directly and see if they'd sell you a couple of them. There isn't really an "aftermarket" version of that exact lip. You're right though, that bait without a lip is pretty much worthless.

www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

Default Muskies

Pete,

You're right. "Night Shiner"
    My bad!
    I have never seen a crank bait have the lip snap off up inside the lure.

Default Bad Lips

Esox:

Some of the baits with inferior lips have it happen all the time... Cranes come to mind and I have an old rapala (18 or 22) that has a lip that is in need of some glue. Banging baits off the rocks this time of year can be nasty on some of those lips.

Last night I got a chance to get out on Tom for an hour or so, water temp at 48* in the thorofare 41* and on the east side I saw some 47* on occasion. Got out there and realized I forgot my back pack with the camera, so I was hoping for an early fish, then realized I left my headlamp back in the truck also. After it got dark enough to merit not catching a fish, I went back to the main lake and look for some ciscoes in their normal deep locations and really didn't see anything last night in ten or fifteen minutes in one spot that got me excited about getting back there right away.

Mark

Guys,
    Can I suggest that maybe we start a new thread? Some good stuff going on here but am a little concerned that because it started out as a "Sucker" thread a lot of folks won't bother to look. Scratching my head to think of what to start but maybe one of you guys will jump in there with an idea first.

www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

Oh and before I forget, a small quantity of suckers arrived today. I still have three wild ones alive and kicking in my livewell that have had absolutely no care in over a week. Highest bidder gets 'em.

www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142