www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Tackle Storage

Default Tackle Storage

All this talk of tackle boxes has got me wondering what kind everyone has. I have a Plano 7915, which with 40 compartments seems to have the most storage for the money. I still use the big Plano 3730 boxes for carrying tools, hooks, leaders, etc. My lure selection is still pretty moderate, so this system suits me fine now, but what does everyone use that has a lot of lures?

I have two of the plano musky boxes, the older ones which aren't nearly tall enough for anything over 10'' and I use a soft bag it's a browning pack deal holds 3 boxes in the bottom of it and I can get 5 more in the backpack area, it's for my walleye, bass,trout stuff and to hold all my tools and whatnot, soon to have lakewood musky hybrid though, I'm obsessive compulsive about my fishing tackle and things are getting out of hand and getting hard to stay organized.....

I like the Plano 3700 series boxes. I have about ten in various sizes that I have loaded up by size, type of bait. Depending on how I'm going to be fishing that day I can bring just some or all and bring just a few up front with me if im casting to keep things less cluttered.

I have two very simple soft sided carriers that are made just for those type boxes. No pockets, just a big open area with handles. They look rather square in shape and you stand the boxes on their side. I like them but They just don't accommodate the really stupid big baits like plows. Good thing I only use those bigguns on very rare and cold occasions lol.