www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lamprey and the Mercury

Default Lamprey and the Mercury

Doing a trip this afternoon and one of the guys asked me if we have many lamprey in the bay? I said some and he replys well I think there is one pretty hungry because its stuck to your Merc. I tried to net the thing but the net got caught between the big motor and the kicker motor and swam away, I should have grabed it.
    Also we had a good afternoon catching 11 Walleye between 16 and 22 inches all on bottom bouncers and spinners(I-52, I-68, I-76, I-77 and I-80). We also kept 5 nice Perch.

They like Yamahas too. I had one latch on a few years ago. He took off when I tried to net him. It's amazing how fast them things can swim.

Ive seen numerous lamp prey in the bay over the years an had many of them latch on for free rides.... One year I hit one with the kicker while trollin and it nearly killed the kicker I looked in the water with my head lite and I didnt get a good look but that thing looked atleast 5 ft long....

Default saturday and sunday

Thanks again Keith for the trip on Friday! Awesome captain and a nicest guy who was willing to answer thousands of questions. We learned a lot and had a blast. Most of the guys in the boat have not seen that many fish in one live well before. Saturday the wind had changed and it was rough but still went out and tried to replicate your success in the same place just a little shallower. Caught one 26er and a throw back that measured up to 14 and 3/4 in the morning and three other keepers ranging from 18" to 22" in the afternoon plus some bonus perch. Sunday the wind has changes once again and seemed even stronger looking from the east shore so we decided to call it a trip. We'll be looking forward to fish with you again some day!

K and the boys.