www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: What do you think this weighs?

Default What do you think this weighs?

I hope the picture shows up on this post. This is my fourth and biggest musky ever. What do you guys think it weighs? It is 46" long and I didn't get a girth. For size reference I am 6'3" 275#. I am thinking 30-35#? Using the calculators 1" makes a big difference in weight. I am still pumped up over how wide this thing was.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	49small pic.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	11870  

Great fish, My opinion would say i think your in the ball park with your 30-35#. With out a doubt your close on those numbers

i'd say right around the thirty mark, I caught a thick 45'' few weeks back and when it was weighed it went 25.

I think your guess is close too, but just a touch high. It would take a freakishly girthy 46 incher to weigh more than 30 pounds. My guess would be high 20's maybe 30. That is still a nice fish in anyones book, congrats!

I caught a slender 48.5 similar looking to that and it was 28 lbs.

I would guess 28 lbs. I got a 46" last week and it weighed 24lbs. Yours is a little thicker. Nice fish no matter what it weighs...

A nice 46" muskie will probably weigh around 25lbs or so. We have caught a few prespawn muskies that weighed more than you would expect for their lenght. My Dad got a prespawn 45" out of Clearfork one April that was over 30lbs (weighed), but that was one of the fattest muskies I have ever seen.

Your fish is definitely nice...hevier than you average 46"er, for sure. But I would also guess just under 30lbs...26-28lbs probably

If you are concerned with weight, the only way to tell for sure is to weigh them. Even the formulas are just an estimate and usually seem to estimate higher. Leave the fish in your net so its body lenght is supported and weigh the net with the fish in it. Then just subtract the weight of your net.

Adam A

Sure would have been nice to have a musky that "only" weighed 28 pounds in my boat this weekend.

That is a very nice fish caught in a not-so-nice weather pattern over the weekend.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Congrats on the nice fish! I would guess around 27-28lbs. I'm with Red wishing I caught a 28lber this weekend. Put 2 in the net yesterday that didn't weigh 28lbs combined lol. Both hit boatside so that was cool!

I'm kinda bored so I did some calculations with musky hunters formula system.......

46''x21''= 25.7 pds

46"x22''= 27.8

46"x23"= 30.4

46''x24"= 33.1

46"x25"= 36

who knows.... I caught a 44'' last fall that was 23'' in girth...says that would've been a 29 pounder!