Quote Originally Posted by C.Painter View Post
I am with herbie, like the cool down rather than a heat up...although this will be a pretty drastic, cool down...it at least will be consistant it looks for the week.

With the big cool down and big fish being seen lately, I predict there will be some nice fish caught next week. I bet it won't be an easy week...(PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG!!) but hard work I think could land a fish or two of a life time!
CP,

I think you guys are going to slay 'em. When I was there in the last half of August, there were a few major fronts that dropped the water temps about 13-14 degrees which made it tougher than usual for that time of year.

Now that it seems things have progressed into the beginning of the more normal early Fall pattern and steady slow drop of water temps, I would think the lake is primed for the big girls to be moving around. Indeed with the recent big fish sightings, that would seem to already be confirmed.

You guys are due to have a good early Sept trip this year. I think the last few have been fairly tough for you guys. It all goes in cycles, and I think this year late August was a bit off, but early Sept is going to be spectacular.

Good luck. Even in late August, it seemed some of the larger fish were already starting to hold a bit deeper off the rock bars. Fish slower and deeper. Fish were still in the weeds my first week, but were becoming more scarce by the second week (last week of Aug).

-Dan