www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: August 31st and Sept 1st report

Default August 31st and Sept 1st report

I had Matt Dolezal out on the 31st and we saw a lot of fish. Matt lost two in figure eights and I caught one in a figure eight. We had two real nice fish follow. One looked to be in the fifty inch range and the other not far off that number. The one we did catch was 44 1/2 inches on a Cowgirl.

Yesterday I had some new clients out and it was a little slower for us. Still looking for their first muskie, Chad and his father Dick fished hard and hopefully learned a thing or two along the way. They had two follows on Ghosttails. I thought the second one was going to hit but I guess you can't wish a fish into hitting.

In the evening I had Kyle Keith and his buddy Terry out and Kyle had two follows on Ghosttails. They both came in hot but turned off. I tried topwater most of the night with no luck. Water temps are still a little warm. They are cooling down as we speak/type with some cool rain though.

I'll answer the other threads tonight when I have more time. Gotta run,
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Default Cowgirls

Back to the Ghostails?? The reports for the last week have mentioned Cowgirls, why the change??

I think it's because of the cold front. I've heard of a few caught on Ghosttails the last two days. I did hear of one caught on a Cowgirl also so go figure. We lost one on a Ghosttail right at sundown last night that seemed large. Earlier in the week they were definitely going on Cowgirls more. Funny thing is, it will totally switch to topwater today and through the weekend. The bucktail bite will still be there, but topwater will finally get going.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Default Time well spent

We had a great time Ty. Thanks for being so generous with your knowledge and experience.

We're discussing another trip to the Flowage in few weeks. Hopefully we won't bring the 90 degree heat we seemed to bring along in September.

Cheers