www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: big muskie out of tff

Default big muskie out of tff

Was there a big muskie caught out of the flowage this year? I heard some talk at one of the bars someone caught a good one.

Default big ski

I saw a picture of a 54 incher caught in June.

Some speculate it was caught on TFF, others not so sure...

Mark

P.S. Here is a link to the fish w/ pictures: http://www.muskyhunter.com/forum/dcb...id=19500&page=
    Last edited by Mark Benson; 08-23-2010 at 04:06 PM.

Default musky

I heard mixed reports about it. Tff and flambeau chain is what I heard. I did not see a picture of it.

That looks like a clear water fish from the flambeau chain to me. Have caught many from the TFF and the other stained water lakes of that system and they don't have quite those markings---Just my opinion.

Default Probably Not TFF Musky

That is a great fish!! I agree however that the markings on that fish are like none I have ever seen on a TFF fish. The caption says a Vilas County lake. It probably was! Jim Kohl

agreed. great fish,wrong markings for tff

Default Non-typical markings

Caught this guy last Saturday and she definitly was unlike any other musky I have caught on the TFF. Pretty clear markings for stained water...so I wouldnt rule that 54" fish out although I dont think it was a TFF fish either...

...oh yeah, she was @45" as we tried to measure her in the water.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	musky1.jpg 
Views:	778 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	11442  

nice fish man!!!

Mark

Most definitely a LDF chain fish.

Those markings resemble those on clear water fish, but I may be wrong.
    Andrew

Hey Chicken--Nice Musky--anything 45" range from there is a super nice fish--Looks heavy also---But you can tell the difference from that stained water fish and the markings on something like the other one that came from a clear water lake. Word around on other Fishing sites is that fish definately came from the Flambeau chain. Would Love to see others BIG FISH PICS from the TFF though--Past or present--I know that it has produced some super nice fish over the years including many that are not reported. Give them up guys--lets see the TFF HOGS !!

Default Last cast

Yeah, I agree. Lets see more pics from the folks who have caught the big girls from the TFF. I have heard of a few 50" fish, but I sure haven't seen the pics...
    The 45" I got was nice and heavy, with plenty of girth. And the BEST part, was she was caught on the LAST CAST of the day! We pretty much took some pics, watched her swim away, and then fired up the motor. Couldn't have scripted a better ending!

Default Not a TFF Musky

I did a little lookin around and found a picture of what looks like the same fish and fisherman. I found it on Turtle River Trading Company's facebook page, it says the fish came out of the indian reservation lake (wherever that is).

The beast was caught on one of the lakes located on the Indian Res.
    I was up last week and talked to the owner of turtle trading co.
    chris