www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Reel for Double 10's

Default Reel for Double 10's

Does anyone have a reel that makes it a lot easier to handle double 10's. Musky Hunter Mag talked about the Abu Revo 60 with a lower gear ratio. Just curious - I dont want to spend a ton but am want a qaulity reel that is going to last.

Default levelwind

Does it not having a levelwind take a while to get comfortable with?

Yes. Get one with a levelwind.

See if you can find any Pflueger 66 models left anywhere and buy one of those. Then order a power handle from a Calcutta TE Lucanus Jigging Version. It fits perfectly on the Pflueger. The Pflueger is a better reel than the Calcutta TE Lucanus Jigging Version and when you put the power handle on it you can't believe how much better it is. I haven't found a better combo for Cowgirls. It's a lot better than the Revo Winch or any other setup for that matter. It feels like you are reeling in a small bucktail and that's not an exaggeration. They don't make any of the Pfluegers anymore so you may have to do some searching online. Good luck.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Thanks for the advice Ty.

Default Reels

I have the winch and the saltist 20. The winch makes reeling in cowgirls easy but you have to reel fast were the saltist on the other hand is great for burning big blades and doesn't take much effort at all and you don't have to reel fast. The 20 is still easy enough to palm the reel if you like that. I think the winch wins in the comfort and the casting departments.

Putting the power handle on my calcutta took some getting use to...but now that I have the hang of it I can't believe I ever used the smaller handle...