www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: hayward golf courses

Smile hayward golf courses

Sorry to take this off topic, but this is the best forum I know of for gettting good info from cool people: Any suggestions for a nearby northwoods golfing experience would be appreciated !!
    greg

go down the road to Big Fish the first 9 is set up as a links course and the back 9 your in the woods- pete dye designed- golfed about 9 times and now we leave the clubs home- so much golf where we are at why ruin a a good day of fishing up north

How many rounds do you have in mind? What would you consider a "high green fee?" Is design and course maintenance important to you? What I know of the area golf is below, but Hayward Golf & Tennis is at the top of my list. If I had time to play two rounds, they would both be at HG&T.

I would say you have to play Hayward Golf & Tennis. The course is usually in impeccable shape, with greens that are nearly flawless. On top of that, it is a great classically designed golf course where all contours are natural--there are no goofy, ridiculous holes. Depending on your skill level, and if you are a masochist, you can play from the back tees and it will be a tough challenge, or move up a tee or two and still enjoy every shot.

While I have never played Big Fish, I do know several people who have played there. Every report I have heard is that it is really tricked-out. A lot of clearly artificial mounding is present with some manufactured features that reduce the fun. I have played a number of P.B. Dye courses--this is not THE Pete Dye, it is his son--and every time I vow it will be my last. Obviously I am jaded by the designer and the first hand reviews from golfer's experiences cement my feelings.

Forest Ridges, which is just south of Lake Namakagon, is a tough and tight course. If you tend to hit it sideways more than you hit it straight, then this will be a long day. Nonetheless, it is a beautiful course and has several memorable holes.

Hayward National is another one, but it has been fifteen years since I played there--its name was something else back then. From what I remember, it was very flat, not too long, lined with evergreen trees on almost every fairway and pretty cheap to play. Hopefully someone else might have a more recent experience to talk about.

Dave Hardy

just wanted to clarify that lostanotheranchor and I must have been replying at the same time. My comment about "not THE Pete Dye" was not aimed at lostanotheranchor's post. Thanks for understanding and for knowing that I was not trying to bash my esteemed muskie-fisher.

Thanks, Dave Hardy

Thanks for the replies guys. Gold is not my specialty although I make a good beer cart man.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Ty this post is about golf not gold! So to answer the golf question I would go play Big Fish. I haven't played it but as a PGA teaching pro all I have heard about the place from friends is that it's very nice.

Now Ty what do you mean gold isn't your specialty last time we went fishing you looked like Mr. T with all the gold around your neck.

Ray
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mr-t-gold-chains-sparkling.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	11425  

By the way there is no such thing as a good beer cart man.

Ray, For as many gold chains he was wearing last year around his neck I am guessing Ty would have a direct effect on the CPI (consumer price index) if he decided to sell just one of them!!! The amount of money he spent to have his truck and trailer murdered out, I am guessing he is loving the gold prices right now! 119.78 right now and over the last month it is up 5.52%!!! Damn Ty, I think Ray and I need a discount this year?
    -Fidler

no offense taken dave h and being called esteem-well hold down the ranch honey i'm esteemed and i'm going fishin -whoohoo fish in the boat

I would play Hayward Golf first and foremost as I have had a chance to play most of the courses in the northwoods and HGC provides the best golf experience. If you decide to play more than one round and elect Big Fish or Forest Ridges visit www.GolfNow.com to book your tee time. You will most likely find a discounted rate.

Dan Hardy

Sorry, Golf not gold. The letters are too close together. I knew I shouldn't have jumped in on this thread. Thanks Ray and Fidler.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com