Hi to all fellow muskie hunters. Just want to start by saying that I've been a big fan of this site for a while now but never signed up to post. But here I am now.
About me- I'm 24 from southwest suburbs of chicago. I've been going to the flowage every year since I've been 6 months old. My family has a cottage on the west fork of the chippewa river(just up river of moore's bay) just on the other side of the bridge by Musky Tail resort. My family has along tradition of fishing the flowage dating back to my great grandfather. I've been going to school the last 5 yrs in Bemidji, MN, playing football, fishing, and hunting, oh yeah occasionally went to class. I will be living in Alexandria, MN in the begining of October. So in that time I've been able to fish LOTW, leech, cass, bemidji, plantagenet, (Bemidji area) also lobster, and miltona (Alexandria Area). So I've been blessed to have the opportunity to muskie fish the best of the best. Now for the Questions!
Questions for TY and my other fellow muskie hunters. My 20plus years on fishing the chip the best producers of bucktails have been all black skirt w orange or green blades. Also different shades of dark to light brown skirts w some white and gold blades. year after year what have been some of consistant producers?
Finally! Ty, over the past few years spent on the chip how many fish per year if any, do you see in the mid to upper 50s!!!!!!! 60s?? I know thats a stretch but I have been courious. cuz all I hear from my minnesotain buddies is "O we have the biggest fish, the chip can't even compare with us." That sorta junk. But I continue to back up the chip (which i will always consider my home) even tho i'm well out numbered at every drunkin campfire. But I stay true to Spray's record and that pig that they have at Dun Rovens. (heard a few differnt stories behind that one) I've never seen any of that size on the chip but I am only up there a handful of weeks every year. My grandfather and father have a story, a handful of Augusts ago a cold front came in and the air temp was in the 40's. Grandpa was throwing a small bass lure (norman weed walker)in about 3 fow when he had a monster on for some time until his drag hung up and he lost it. They both claim it was in the upper 50s.
Well thanks to all that have took the time to read this i'll be up sometime in september and let you know before and after whats taken place. KEEP CASTIN!!