www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: A New Look for Sand Island

Default A New Look for Sand Island

Spent the weekend up at the Flowage-for any of you not around Saturday night, it was quite a storm system. One of the larger bog pieces that was stuck in the back of Milwaukee Bay, near the entrance to Scott Lake, is now lodged between Sand and Little Sand Island. Sorry about the photo, I shot it Sunday morning(cloudy) before heading back to Eau Claire. Little Sand Island is visible in the foreground; Sand Island is directly behind the bog.

Saw one fish Saturday night before the storm. Not much action on the westside this weekend. I should sell some of my topwater baits to the bass fisherman -caught a 18" largemouth on a Topraider.

Total from rain guage - 3.1 inches. Water at my dock appeared to up an additional five inches Sunday morning. Build an Ark . . ?

Good Luck out there!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bog at Sand Island.JPG 
Views:	573 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	11057  

Thanks for the pic! Pretty amazing...

Just to be clear, that photo is taken from the west side of sand looking east? Little sand > Ridiculously gigantic bog > Sand

It's almost time to start building that Ark!

There was a really big bog right on top of Birch island also. I'll be on the west side tonight. I'll see if it is still there.

Actually not on top of the island because that is physically impossible but on top of the weedbed.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

That is really an extreme makeover. It must have been a wicked storm to move that bog out of Milwaukee Bay, then take it Northeast and drop it in between Little Sand and Sand.

My brother was up there and said our Esox Magnum was nearly swamped with all the rain. It took him about one hour to bilge over three inches of water.

Check out what the Saturday night storm did to this Tracker at the Johnson's Resort dock in Moores Bay.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5611.jpg 
Views:	431 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	11098  

Default pics

Why don't the pics show up as large as before? Sometimes change isn't good. Love this site! Words of wisdom. I have yet to catch one. Had two follows, and i'm hooked!

Those trackers tend to want to flip over. Not the best design.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com