www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Net size.....

Default Net size.....

I was wondering how big of nets other guys use. I lost a behemoth saturday due to net complications, this is the second time this has happened. My current net is roughly 28x20 Maybe 26-30ish deep I now feel the need to get the absolute biggest one I can find.

My net hoop is about 38" long and wide it is square, and 36 inches deep. With a 60inch long handle. It is a bit on the heavy side but i know it is overbuilt so thats more important to me than weight.

Sorry to hear about the lost at net, i have had that to many times. So i became a picky customer and made my own (different than the one i posted about a year ago, more refined)

I'm just gonna go with bigger is better lol

I use the biggest one that frabill makes. It is also coated to save the skis fins from tearing. They run about $125, but it last forever.

I seen that frabill at gander I believe I'm gonna go get one wendsday.....

After seeing what I saw in Minnesota last week, I am starting to second guess my giant Stowmaster. Seriously.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

oh really...... and what did you see?

Remember in PA there is a size limit for a landing net, i believe (do not quote me) 40 inch dia. or 40 inch square.

"GAFF OR LANDING NET – A gaff or landing net is permitted to assist in landing fish caught using a lawful device. Nets of all types can be no larger (excluding the handle) than 4 feet square or 4 feet in diameter."

That includes almost everything Frabill makes.

Sounds to me like your net is too small for muskies.

I really like Beckman nets. Frabills are nice too. They have a great yoke, but they weigh a ton compared to a Beckman. I use a beckman fin saver net. I would get the biggest, deepest one you are comfortable storing in your boat.

Whatever you get, make sure it has a coated bag to protect the fish.

If size is a problem you could look into the Stowmaster nets. I love mine for my smaller river boat, I have a beckman too but like my Stowmasters netting more so I actually take it in my big boat as well. The fish can't roll in the net and tangle things as bad in the Stowmaster as my other net.

Make sure you have a two minute training on opening it with your boat partners before you need to use it, it's not bad but it should be talked about ahead of time. In my big boat it's normally left opened, or fishing alone.

I've had a 64-66" sturgeon 100+ pounds in mine and it was fine, never dreamed it would fit but actually could of fit a bigger one in there no problem!!! It is probably the heaviest in weight of all the nets I've been around, that is the only negative thing I've got about it.

well I believe I'm gonna get the frabill big game at gander tomorrow it's got a coated bag, thanks for all the insight.

went to erie gander mt. today bought a frabill pro-formance big game/musky net they're only $80 there !

great buy!!! did they have very many muskie lures there,were looking for bucher shallow raiders,just didn't want to order them.seems all gander mnt. don't stock muskie like they did acouple of years ago.

they really don't have much couple harvo lures some bucher stuff a few of each and some bulldawgs dicks sporting goods next door has some stuff too musky mayhem baby girls bull dawgs some some raiders. slop masters and bucher tails too but they are all the smaller sizes of them and tons of mepps probably everyone they make.... I believe I did see some shallow raiders at happy hooker, I'm goin there today I will see whats there.