www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Is my fish story boring you??????

Default Is my fish story boring you??????

Bruce Scott enthusiastically listing to his son Tyler recounting his big fish caught yesterday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00207.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	10653  
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Default Snoozer

Zzzzzz..... ZZZzzzzz.....
    Yup, that's me alright! I suspect the camera is right for it to be from Todd's camera! It might not look like it but I was indeed having a very good time.

Judging from the photo, some would think I am a real dud date when it comes to musky fishin'!

Not true..... most of the time.

We changed the dressing on my thumb this morning, looks really pretty good but I keep whacking it on stuff and that hurts......

Todd you did very well on patching me up, thanks.

Even my CNA bride was pretty impressed with the wound. We reviewed the video of when it happened and you can see exactly when it happened!

Thanks for the great shot Todd, i got a real kick out of that. After speaking with Dick I thought I was going to be a victim of a "Pearson-Walsh Conspiracy" but now it's a "Pearson-Walsh-Forcier conspiracy"!

Great fun!

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Walsh View Post
    Bruce Scott enthusiastically listing to his son Tyler recounting his big fish caught yesterday.
    1.... 2.... 3!

Dickheadville!

Default Dickheadville, population 2

Shep,

I was in Dickheadville at 8:30PM the last two nights in a row!

Apparently my bride tried to wake me and said something to me.

I don't remember a thing but apparently I said "Are we in port yet?"

Her tricky response was "Yep, we just got to the dock".

I have no remembrance of any of this so I must have truly in Dickheadville!

Right in the center of that town too, I would think.

Dickheadville: Population 2 (so far)
    Residents: Bruce, Landy.

Bruce

I've been there-actually was named after me.You'll survive,I did despite being called a Dick all my life.

Default "Sir Richard" from here on out!

Holy smokes, I was secretly wondering if you might wonderfully chime in,

first thing is you must give yourself more credit than that!

You may have opened a can of nomenclature worms, and those that love you may try to fish with them!

You see, my Father's first name is Richard as well. I know you can sympathize or empathize with that, and for the moment as I digest this I can only address you as "Sir Richard" at least for a few days anyway.

They may still call you "Dick". But at our hose, there is a good reason:

Bruce: (to his son tyler after losing several books after he got laid off from Cray and sold some books, but knew would never part with certain ones like "Muskies on the Sheild" personally autographed copy)

"Tyler, I was unpacking my stuff now that I am here in Amery. Did I borrow you my copy? I can't find my "Dick book"".

Tyler responds:

"You have a DICK BOOK?"

Bruce: "Yah! Did I borrow it to you?"

Tyler: (uncontrollable laughter and "Dad, you have a "DICK BOOK"?

Bruce: ( not getting his humor in all of this, after all, I cannot find my "Dick Book" and am frantic): "Yah, the copy of "Muskies on the Shield", do you have it, did I borrow it to you"?

Tyler: "No Dad I do not have a "Dick Book"!

Well Sir Richard, to sort his all out so you know where you stand as an author, I have 5 things in the drawer in my nightstand:
    Latest copy of Muskies, Inc. magazine
    Latest copy of Musky Hunter magazine
    Latest copy of Bassin' magazine
    My study Bible
    "Muskies on the Shield" written by a certain very fondly thought of Author, now referred to as "Sir Richard".

"Sir Richard" sounds way too medieval. Soooo - I need some help.

If I move beyond the guilty conscience and analogies with which I used to refer to my father as when I was younger ("C" word, "D" word, and "P" word) can I start to call you "Dick" again, let's say starting Monday?

Missing Bay Store and the 8 (10 really) great fishing buddies and everyone else that was there this week in a big way. One special place in the lives of Tyler (what a dickhead) and I. We are truly, living the dream.

Always-
    Bruce
    PS - "Dickheadville" is that wonderful place where we get to go to, when we are really sleepy, and manage to find a very soft, comfortable, preferably horizontal, place to continue our dreams, preferably uninterrupted by flashbulbs! Chairs work OK, but only for a short time.