www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Patterns?

Default Patterns?

hello,

i'm getting ready to head up on Sunday for 2 weeks in the Angle, one week of "pre-fishing" and then the week of Operation Muskie.

it sounds like the warm weather has made for a stronger bite this year, so i'm really looking forward to fishing and then seeing what the guides produce for the Op Muskie vets.

is there any general patterns that have developed? rocks vs weeds? burning the bucktails or more methodical presentations? one thing that seems to be true is some of the bigger fish are coming early in the morning?
    i'm packing tonight...any "must have" lures this year?

thanks for any help!

Lambeau, hit up some of the guys who fished our outing up at the angle last week. Alot of fish were caught. Goto www.frvmuskie.com and ask some of those guys.

Good luck up there.

Mike,

See you Sunday night.

Rocks!

Clients had 6 with a 47, 50 and 51 yesterday.

Did I mention rocks?

LOL

Ed

any updates on structure and colors working? Any must have baits going now? Leaving Friday and just want to stock up before I leave.

a lot of the vets from Operation Muskie were throwing Ace tandem spinnerbaits and double-8 bucktails and did very well on those. we had fair success on double-10s and topwater moved fish early morning or late in the evening.
    fish on the rocks seemed to be holding slightly deeper but the weed fish seemed to be ultra-shallow??? argh, muskies!
    good luck!

Right now its hard to find any consistent pattern.A prayer book and a willingness to perhaps travel a bit to find clean water would serve anyone well.
    The shallow weed thing appears to be fading and no shallow rock thing appears to have developed.Yet.It will,always does,just not yet on any consistent basis.Doubt it will be long til it does.Of course in areas with sparse weeds,rocks obviously are more important.
    Like with weather,come prepared to cope-after all they are shallow,deep,or somewhere in between.Big fish are on vacation it seems but a couple at least returned and showed themselves yesterday.You should be fine next week.
    Have fun.I'm off to hunt geese so the fishing is bound to be fabulous.