www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lake of the Woods

Default Lake of the Woods

My Dad came to me and said "Lets go fishing in Canada". So I think we're going to go in July next year 2011. I've fished Nippissing and Nosbonsing in Eastern Ontario, but have never gone to Western Ontario. Has anyone here gone to Lake of the Woods? Can anyone suggest a good Lodge to stay? Is Eagle Lake better? Price is irrelevant. Were definately muskie fishing, but wouldn't mind Walleye or Smallmouth if the bite is tough. What tips do you guys have?

Thanks,
    Jason

I've fished LOTW 4 times over the last three years staying at Wiley Point Lodge through Totem Resorts. This is the nicest place you could ever find on prime musky water. Totem makes it so easy providing transportation. We flew to International Falls each time. Totem will send a van to pick you up at whatever time you want then transport you to the main totem lodge about 2 hours away. From there they will take you out to Wiley Point by boat about 35-40 miles. Wiley has great rental boats all tiller, equipped with new HDS5 units so you know right where you are going when you're out there. The boats also have great front and back casting decks with 40H.P. E-tecs on them. Wiley is at the northern part of the Northwest Angle right in Big Narrows, prime musky water. We have boated 7 fish over 50" up to 55". The numbers are great too, with 85 muskie boated in those 4 trips and with many fish between 44"-47". The food and accommodations are also top notch.
    Hope this helps,
    Reed

IMO, take Reed's advice. I have seen pics of most of those big fish and they are absolutely legit.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com