www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: yough river fish kill

Default yough river fish kill

was wondering if anybody heard about this? i live on the river and heard reports of hundreds of carp,suckers,white bass, and 1 muskie dead.just trying to find out more info about this. thanks

I have not heard this, but I can tell you I was out friday when the water was gin clear and saw tons of carp, suckers, catfish, smallies and unfortunately only 1 musky.

Unless it happened after friday or downstream of Cedar Creek, I would say it's false. Let's hope so.

Come to think of it I did see one small sucker floating, but I didn't think much of it because I saw so many active, healthy suckers.

My dad has been chasing bass over the weekend in the Emelton area and didn't mention anything about it. He lives close to there, I'm sure he would of mentioned it.

Sorry........I missed it wasn't on the Allegheny...idiot.
    Last edited by toothyfishman; 06-22-2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: mess up

people i know that floated the river sunday said there was dead fish from dawson pa to layton. it is unfortunately true. im just trying to find out more info. hope it doesnt turn out like dunkard creek. it might be the new sewage plant in dawson mixing the chemicals too strong. lets hope its something minor.