www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Reel

Default Reel

Ty I need to get one more reel. Currently I have a saltist for throwing big blades and a calcutta 400 B for crankbaits and big pacemakers. I'm looking at the Luna or the curado for throwing small bucktails and pacemakers. Which one of those would you go with? Or would you go with another calcutta?

Ray

Holy Christ Razor! You use the word "need" pretty loosely. Are you going to start guiding? What is the inventory like now? Did you learn how to cast two rods at once? (wouldn't surprise me) So, I would say the last time I checked, your inventory up to around 30 rods and 30 reels now… and that is for one person who fishes 10 times a year?!?!?

Ty, do you have any pull with the A&E network?

http://www.aetv.com/hoarders/index.jsp

-Fidler

There is a little "junkie" in everyone .... just different addictions to feed, several of them are far worse than a couple xtra rod/reel combos.

I've got a couple curados and I love'em .... haven't tried the Luna

The Luna is better for bucktails but the Curado is a pretty sweet reel for topwater and small bucktails. I would go with the Curado but that's just me. I don't have the kind of crazy cash problems like you do. You might want to buy both Ray.............just because.

With all this gear, you're going to need a bigger boat Ray. Check the top of this website. I think there is a 618 Ranger for sale. With the girlfriend you found in your skiff, I can only imagine the droves of women chasing you down in a Ranger. Man Ray, Brad Pitt must be envious. Your life's not easy.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Thanks for the info Ty. I have to be set for when we come over. You know it's only 138 days till then!

Ray

Ray, is that we mean that Fidler is bumped out by the girlfriend or is the we as in you Fidler chasin BooGills. That would be worth being up there and having a video camera watching you guys fish. I can't say much as yes you have more and bigger fish than I do so you must do something right.

It would be awfully tough to get rid of Fidler. We have been fishing together for sometime now and had some pretty good luck. While fishing with her though I've never boated a musky. She has but not me.

If that's true I've caught bigger fish than you it's only because I never take a pacemaker off!

Ray

Way to suck up on the Pacemaker comment. This year I do plan on fishing more topwater so that might help me out.

Ray

Go with the Curado. You won't be disappointed. Great all around reel. After you use it for while it will be the reel you first pick up. I have one for jerkbaits, and my brother has one for an all around musky setup on a 7'6" med heavy rod.

The reel casts like a dream, plenty of power, and the low profile of the 300 model is glorious for just about all applications. It can throw #5 mepps or work a manta, no problem, just calibrate accordingly per luuuuuure.

We got ours three years ago before the new shiny green ones came out. Buddy got the new shiny green one. Have not tried his. You will dig the low profile especially after using the saltist and Calcutta.

Thanks for the help on the reel guys. I went with the curado 300.

Ray

Good point Wells! I never thought about that. Next thing you know I will see pictures of Ray, Amanda, Ty, Rachel and Murphy on here and I won't even know he went fishing!!!

Ray actually has a little Ty Sennett devil that sits on his shoulder which helps him catch fish when it comes to using pacemakers. I mean every fish he has over 50 has come on a pacemaker so that has to be true! One time we were on the chip and I had a pacemaker on for about two days and nothing to show for it, so naturally I throw a temper tantrum, whine, bitch, complain and basically want to smash the lure. Well to make things worse, and because Ray starts hyperventilating and goes into a panic when a pacemaker isn't on at all times, he takes the lure and about two casts later he catches a mid 40's fish. At that point I didn't know if I should get the net or push Ray in the water?!? Anyway, I am going to do a lot more sucking up this year because apparently it works.

Ty, what might be some things one would say to acquire a Ty Sennett devil that sits on one’s shoulder?

Quote Originally Posted by DMBFID View Post
    At that point I didn't know if I should get the net or push Ray in the water?!?
    LOL, I just peed a little...

I don't know which is funnier Fidler's comment about the net and pushing Ray in or Snizz saying he just peed a little.

I vote that Snizz "peed a little"...

Mark

Mark, I agree that Snizz's comment was probably better. But I did see Ray and Fidler tonight and Fidler retold the story and you could see in his eyes just how ticked off he was with Ray for catching a fish on a Pacemaker after one had fished with it for 2 days. On the other side Ray did give up a orange lace WOOD pacemaker at a very cheap price that I bought hoping the Ray magic is still in it and I did see Fidler buy a black WOOD pacemaker for a cheap price tonight. I can imagine Ray's face when Fidler pulls out the infamous black pacemaker and nails a 50 on it that he got for $5.00.

Good luck fishing to everyone this season.

Trever

Trever,

The thing is the two pacemakers that you and Fidler got are great in all but they are lacking in one major thing. They were made by Ty. What you don't know is that the really good ones are made by Rachel.

See Ty is always guiding so he throws them together fast without thinking of who is going to buy this bait and catch fish with it. While Rachel when making a bait takes her time and thinks well who is going to buy this bait and I hope they enjoy their day on the water with it. It's this extra time and care that goes into the bait that the fish notice.

I'm not saying you won't catch fish with the bait. After all Tys pacemakers are the second best topwater baits out there. Second only to Rachels pacemakers.

All in good fun,
    Ray

Whoa Whoa Whoa, wait a minute here. So I am supposed to suck up to Rachel? Now I am confused how this all works. Ty, is that true... do fish really care how much passion has gone into building a bait. Damn, Muskie fishing is confusing! Actually the funny part of Razor's last post is he forgot to mention that he really does use baits signed and made by Rachel. I tried to get one from her but apparently you have to be in some secret society or something?!?!? I am not on that level yet.

-Fidler

Talking

WOW Ray.... You had better have some chapstick for those lips of yours from all the butt kissing going on here. Not only do you kiss the ground Ty walks on but also putting Rachel on a pedastal on her bait making skills. Are you trying to be their adopted child?

As Ray said it is all in good fun.

Ty and Rachel that could be a interesting Marketing plan to initial them on who actually made the bait and see who's sell faster. Then more would be able to have a bait that Ray states "It's this extra time and care that goes into the bait that the fish notice." It would also help for Ray to have a Display Case for his Ty Pacemakers and his Rachel Pacemakers next to his poster of Tupac.

Good luck fishing,
    Trever

It's not butt kissing if you're just stating the facts. Ty is a great guide and bait maker. While Rachel is even a better bait maker .

I'm thinking a better bait yet would be if Rachel puts a Pacemaker together then lets Murphy put some teeth marks in it before using it. Of course you wouldn't have put the hooks on yet.

The initialing of the baits isn't such a bad idea though. Although lets keep it to just initials. Only the special customers get the signed baits!

All in good fun,
    Ray

You guys kill me. Ray does get only the best baits though. He's our "special little guy" according to Rachel. Ray forgot to mention that he has one of three Creeptonites ever made with the blades on the back. If I remember right that one is signed by Rachel also.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Sennett View Post
    Ray forgot to mention that he has one of three Creeptonites ever made with the blades on the back.

Ray i will buy that off of you...come on, you know you never throw it anyway...

The thing is you just can't put a price on something like that.

Ray

Yaaaaaaaaaaa, I know