www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: GPS chip for flowage

Default GPS chip for flowage

I just recently purchased a Lowrance HD system for my boat. I've been using the most basic fishfinder until now, so anything will be quite the upgrade. I'm obviously new to the whole GPS thing and I'm trying to figure out which "chip" to buy.

Pardon if this is a stupid question, but does anyone have a recommendation between Lakemaster or Navionics chips for the Flowage and other Hayward lakes? I live in the twin cities and I've been told that I would need to buy a seperate Lakemaster chip for MN and WI, but the Navionics "North" chip covers MN and WI. Thats the extent of my knowledge. Any input would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you,

Dan

For the Chippewa Flowage both Navionics and Lakemaster are good. They both cover some spots well and don't cover some spots at all. I actually have both and like the Lakemaster for deeper water and the Navionics for shallower water. If one works better for your home waters then just get that one. You wont see any drastic difference from one to the other out here on the Chippewa Flowage.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Thank you for the response. I'm sure the "best chip for The Chip" topic has been covered numerous times...Sorry for being repetitive.

Another question I was hoping someone could answer. Navionics has "premium" and "platinum" versions. I know the main difference is the platinum has 3D capabilities. Does anyone know if the platinum chip has every lake in 3D or just a select few like the Flowage? And does the 3D function of the Platinum work on all systems? I'm running a new Lowrance HDS5.

Thanks again,

Dan

I would call up Thorne Brothers and ask them. They are really well informed at all the capabilities of the Lowrance products. Great to work with also.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Thumbs up Chips

Don-Each combo has it's own requirements for the Navionics or Lakemaster Chips. For instance. My new 581i Humminbird will only support Navionics Gold or Premium. No other chips will work in it. Called Humminbird b4 I bought it, and they were more than nice as to which chips to buy for it. Went with the Navionics Premium North version and will be trying it out next week on the TFF. Hayward in June. Good luck with whichever you decide on. Hope this helps a little.