www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Two Miracles Happened Today.

Default Two Miracles Happened Today.

The ice blew out of Young's Bay late this afternoon. Certainly still a bunch still around, so we're not out of danger yet. But......

On a more important note, I put on my first pair of shore since last October. Feels good to get the boots off. At least until the rain season hits.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Does that mean that I won the all inclusive trip, to the dump, for the closest guess of ice out?

Absolutely. As soon as I find the contest application you submitted in triplicate.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Did the postal system screw it up again. I give up! From now on I will make out on line forms for all contests. No trip to the dump for me again this year. Take a few bags in your truck to the dumpster for me.

To give us an idea of the water level, how about a pic of our favorite mesuring stick (I maen the chain pinned to the rock)?

Whew.....I thought you wanted a picture of my shoes. I also threw in a few more. I walked out there to install the orange buoy. In my normal Muck boots to give you an idea just how shallow it it. You can see I bashed the dock back into submission, and picked up the Alaskan this afternoon. Hard to believe that where the docks are was ice yesterday morning. Even more hard to believe I drive the Ranger truck on the ice three weeks ago.

I took the whale boat fishing for a few hours yesterday afternoon. Did pretty good near where Dennis was fishing three week ago. Closer to the little island than the point Mr. Klaus. Don't ask me the depth, as I have no idea. I would think 25 or so feet. Even caught a smallie down pretty deep.

Of course, I have to throw in a few of my helper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	h2o 007.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	180.3 KB 
ID:	9180   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	h2o 010.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	9181   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	h2o 013.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	162.8 KB 
ID:	9182   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	h2o 003.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	9183   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	h2o 015.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	145.0 KB 
ID:	9184  

Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Guess that spot has a bit of current, even with the lower water. I probably should start thinking about fishing that spot in open water.

WOW, you added a lot of rocks with the orange, buoy, must have worked on that one all afternoon.

Any dock pictures towards the other cabins to show water levels for the thinking impared?

Wow!You weren't kidding about 'shallow'.Think I'll call Duaine and tell him to forget my Ranger,just need waders this year.

Duane replaced the FICHT today with a Go-Devil. Should be fine.

Here you go I.D.

Name:	h2otwo 001.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	143.3 KB 
ID:	9189   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	h2otwo 002.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	9190   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	h2otwo 004.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	9191   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	h2otwo 005.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	9192   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	h2otwo 008.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	133.0 KB 
ID:	9193  

Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Good news on the Go-Devil.May end up keeping my Yamy jet as well.Is it true that Jim Best Bay is bone dry?I'd let him and Pam know so they bring a 4 wheeler.

Default Thirsty??

Tell Scarlet to quit drinking all the water!!! We might be using ATVs to get from spot to spot in August if she does not slow down!

Pikebob

Don't worry. She puts it ALL back. Ha...ha...ha..
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Good pictures Frank. Are you related to Ansel Adams? I don't think that Dick will be able to secure the inside bunk this year unless he uses a canoe. Here is a photo of what you might consider if the lake level gets any lower.

Name:	Perkins Cove January 2005.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	9207  

Looks like a good duck hunting spot.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

With the ducks,could also be anywhere around my house.We had lots of water before this Spring(12,000 bodies of it over 40 acres in size in the 3 surrounding counties)but now we REALLY have it.As a township supervisor I meet today with FEMA officials to try get loans to aid in road reconstruction.Over 50% of our roads are blocked or washed out by water.Had thought our place was going to be immune but not so.For those that have been here,here's our east section line road.Or,you can head north a mile to town-if you have your boat with.(second pic).
    Hope to get up next week Frank,I'll bring some water with.

Name:	2010 roads 001-r.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	191.0 KB 
ID:	9209  

Ooops,sorry,second file was too big.Here it is.Just another 'new' lake.I have 4 lakes on my land now instead of 2.Not to mention a dozen sloughs.Too much of a normally good thing.

Name:	2010 roads 006-resize.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	9210  

Wow, (2) extremes for sure. I do not ever recall seeing the water so low on LOTW. I know it is nice for learning why a spot is a good spot but I sure would like to see that come up a bit. I recall the best year we had the water was about 1.5 feet below mean ( spelling) pool. That would be nice to see. If the water stays this low, spots like Sleepy Hollow will not be fishable. DP, better get a pipeline from your neck of the woods up to Frank. I am sure that would be beneficial to all.

Steve

'Sleepy Hollow'???Huh,never heard of that.Sounds like a place even a mooning moron might score on a 50.
    Steve,I'd sure like to ship some water up there.Lots actually.I like low water but agree,this should be up a bit.It will start rising soon I'm sure.

I'd be selling lake front lots to people from Illinois.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Hey,not a bad idea Frankie.I was in that foreign land(Illinois)last week looking at some deer land,you could buy a section(640 acres)of land here,including a lake lot or two,for what they want for 20 acres around Galena.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Walsh View Post
    The ice blew out of Young's Bay late this afternoon. Certainly still a bunch still around, so we're not out of danger yet. But......

On a more important note, I put on my first pair of shore since last October. Feels good to get the boots off. At least until the rain season hits.
    Mistype on what you put on! At first, I thought you meant to type your first pair of SHORTS! since October, Whew, luckily I figured out you actually meant shoes!

High price to pay to become a FIB.....eh?????
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh