www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: I "COT" fish

Default I "COT" fish

I was wondering if anyone fishing in Warren Co has ever caught a tagged fish that was tagged under the I COT fish program? Last year there was a fish tagged worth $2000. and relased into the waterways in Warren Co and many more for less. To claim your prize you had to purchase a badge prior to trout season. I think it was $5. Has anyone ever caught a tagged fish here? Gary

There was a few brought in to the local baitshop, I think one was like a hundred dollars. Has any one else seen the flyers for "I cot a fish" program, there a husky musky contest in september I believe, I'm not a fan of this at all, because it would mean killing the fish, I think it should be be removed.

Speaking of "killing the fish", I saw this a few days ago on the PAFBC website.
    Scroll down to the third note.

http://fishandboat.com/streamnotes.htm

dont like it at all the recipe is on there,and would never keep one to eat or mount. you are allowed to keep them if they are legal size !!! its just too bad that the legal size isnt like 55'' instead of 40''

Supposedly, the musky "rules" for "I COT A" were suppose to be changed for this year. Sounds like it was not.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I was over to grizzly gary's and the flyer's are the same as last year. What do we do?

If I am not mistaken, the previous owner of the tackle shop (who had posted on this site last year when this was being discussed) said he was going to change the rules. My guess is that when the shop changed owners over the winter, this point was overlooked and lost in translation.

What do we do? We should just mentiond this to Gary. He might get on board and change the rules. I know Gary personnally and feel he would be very receptive to this change.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

cool, cause if someone gets ones and knows about that contest its lights out for that fish.

Guys should be reminded that to be eligible for the Husky Musky or any fish under the I "COT" fish contest they must have purchased a badge prior to April 17. I asked the people that own the Tidioute Hardware how many badges they sold. It was only 15. There are only a handful of places were you could of purchased them. The fish have to be taken to Gary to claim the prize which will increase the time the fish is out of water. This is wrong, any fish should be able to be taken to the nearest business who sold the badges. Only tagged fish should be taken to Gary to claim prize. How long would a musky survive in a live well to be trailered up to Gary's place say from Tionesta? I agree the Husky Musky part of the contest should be eliminated. Just my opinion, Gary

who knows how long the fish would survive or if it would after being released, it would definetly put alot of stress on the fish, not worth it.

Why can't the angler just take the tag to claim a prize. No fish attached! Is tagging fish, releasing them, etc, in this manner permitted by the Fish Commission? What is the source of the tagged fish? With the potential for fish disease tranmission, etc, I'd think "stocking" of this type might fall under some sort of regulation.

ppalko

I talked to the Executive Director of Warren County's Council of Tourism today. I explained the concerns of taking in a musky for weigh in. John Papalia told me that the rules will be changed for this year. The musky will be measured, a photo taken, and a witness must be present and both must register at Gary's. Come closer to Oct. flyers will be posted and sent out to everyone who purchased a badge. I would like to thank John Papalia for his efforts to making the I COT FISH program a success.

Gary

Thats good news, glad this is being changed.