www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: pete maina rod

Default pete maina rod

Found a used 8'6" pete maina sig series xh 4-10oz rod for sale for $70. Looking for a longer rod to throw heaviever baits like bull dawgs etc. Was wondering if I could save some money and buy this rod or should I not waste the money and put it towards a st. croix. Anybody have experience with this rod or know more about it than I do.

I have one of his rods a foot shorter in heavy action and like it a great deal, very nice action to it and seems well made. For $70 I would snatch it up for sure, Dean

I only know of a couple people that have had those. The Hardy family that fishes with me from time to time uses them and likes them a lot. I'm not fond of them but with any rod it's all up to the individual.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Default Maina Rod

For the money it's a good deal. I have the 8'6" XH 4-10 as well. It's decent for throwing Bulldawgs and other big baits. The nicest thing about it is the butt insert which makes the handle longer, giving more leverage on the cast. The only downside is the heaviness. I would definitely buy another one for 70.

As Ty mentioned our family has numerous Maina Sig rods of all lengths and actions. We continue to use them regularly and I will say they are one of the best deals out there. That being said, my wife bought a St Croix Sling Blade for Christmas and I anticipate that will be my go to rod this year if I ever get up there.

Buy it. You will be pleased that you did.

Dan Hardy