www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: anybody else on the water?

Default anybody else on the water?

I've been out past 3 days and the fish don't seem to be cooperating. Is anybody else catching some?

I was out yesterday. I decided to throw my big "Fall" flies since the water was pretty murky. I missed one fish cause the wind was pushin me too fast toward the fly on the retrieve and I had too much slack. Other than that, I didn't see another fish the rest of the day.

Gonna be hitting the water this morning in about 5...4...3...2...1... =-)

Take care,

Jacob

i went out today had a strike trolling crappy hookset though.... then the rain came and i got soaked.

I got out last wednesday, no musky but i did get a real nice small mouth. 21 inch 5lbs

Nice Bass. Those are some big waves in the background!!!!!

Well,

I got back........ no luck, boat did great, did'nt lose any lures so all and all a good day. Got to see how the water had changed and try some of the new lures. Gotta say those new tuff's really thump and when I make some sharp turns I can hear them rattle!

I will be back out on the water soon, law of averages right?

Jacob

I fly fished Saturday and Sunday with a new 8 wt. Cold, rainy and nasty. I didn't have any luck.
    I swear I saw a river otter. Are they in there? Saw a couple of beavers and videoed them slapping their tails as I walked up on therm.
    My waders were leaking and I was glad to get back to the camp and sit in front of the stove. I had about an inch of snow at camp when I got up there Friday night.

RiverRunt,

Were you chasin toothy fish with that flyrod??

Actually I was chasing anything that would bite. I was using some large 2/0 perch streamers tied Clouser style. Not big enough to be considered musky flies, but probably not too big for trout. I was hoping maybe pike or walleye?

i went out yesterday things are turning around few pike saw a shadow following my lure but it could just be my imagination too......

Cool. I was just curious to see if you had fallen down that same Musky on the fly "rabbit hole" that I have. LOL I have been tempted to try some big clousers for Musky but am concerned about breaking the flyrod if I accidentally hit the rod with those weighted eyes. So for now I'm just focusing on big streamer type flies and a few surface flies.

I have been in Virginia for the past several days and was wondering if anyone has been hitting any muskies?

Sorry I was not on the board but things were just too hectic to get on here.

New York schools are on Spring Break this week and last week but my wife is on a class trip to Spain so my fishing is absolutely 0 until this upcoming weekend. Sux for me big time!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I caught a "dink" at Woodcock last Thursday

I moved a few on saturday while dodging the trout boats, but nothing in the net. Two of them were boatside misses. It seems like most of the musky I encounter have very poor aim!

I've been out a bit lately nothing in the net but I have seen a few and had some follows, I think they're gettin ready to make some babies due to the locations I've had my encounters.

hit the river today no ski's but I slaughtered fish pike lots of bass a couple walleye.

Stumbled on this nice one while musky fishing this wk-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smallie 2.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	9303  

Default sat. 24th

buddy and i went to Crawford county to try out some new equipment and lures. first lake was pretty muddy no luck , moved 20 min to another water was clearer and got 2 large mouths about 16 in.and a 33in muskie,first one of the year is always fun no mater what size they are,even if their not legal size.

hit the ol river finally i've been on my butt for three weeks waiting to get a new prop, friday i was out had a very nice fish following in stayed after my bait for almost 2 minutes on the figure 8 then got bored I guess sped up slowed down turned this way that way just didn't want to bite and didn't see it after that, went out today(sunday) and had one strike but it missed the hooks and ripped the tail off my phantom, and I seen one other in the shallows, but it wasn't having anything to do with my lures.....