www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: another spill

Default another spill

Is it me, or are these guys getting more and more careless??? 7,000 gallons of diesel fuel spilled into a trib of Oil Creek, just above Oil City.

It seems to me people are getting more careless. Its a shame i was headed up there to trout fish sunday..Any info on how much damage??

My newspaper said the fuel caught fire during the accident. The driver is in critical condition and sent to Pittsburgh for treatment. No more details were mentioned.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Fished yesterday afternoon between Oil City and Franklin and there was diesel fuel slick on the surface with a very strong smell. A DEP guy was around checking to see how far down river it had reached. Too Bad.

Where did the spill occur? I am hoping not in Cherry Run.

Yes it spilled into Cherry Run :-( The sheen was seen from there to Oil Creek into the Allegheny down to Kennerdell so said the Derrick newspaper from Oil City thursday. They said it was lucky it was diesel fuel because it's light and stays mainly on top of the water. No major damage says the DEP but with such an amount, 7400 gallons with most going into the creek, there has to be some kind of ramifications from this terrible accident. Hope the driver is ok.

ughh.... this made my day so much better.......... shame.