I used the spray. Some of the products need to be run through the dryer after application, which may damage some materials, depending on the construction of your jacket. There are some awesome videos on the Simms website related to product care and repair; one of those videos mentioned to never put Gore Tex waders in a dryer because the neoprene booties will be damaged by the heat. Obviously a rain jacket and waders aren't the same thing, but I'm still leery about putting my jacket in the dryer. The ReviveX products must take some heat to "set" into the fabric. The spay version of ReviveX uses a hair dryer, which is safer to use than the potentially-damaging heat of a dryer. The ReviveX spray is available at the Simms site, and lots of other places. I'll post a link for the video I mentioned. All the product care videos are very helpful. From some of the discussions I've seen on the major forums (MuskieFirst, Musky Hunter, etc.), there seems to be a lot of confusion about proper care of rain gear. Anyway, watch the video and get some spray.

The Simms site didn't let me copy and paste the URL address for the specific video. However, here is the product video part of the site. Find the video titled "Wader Care: Renewing DWR" for the information about the ReviveX. There are also good videos about repairing pinholes, repairing tears, washing, and storage. The good videos start at about the 5th video from the top. Again, all the videos are done with waders, but the same information applies to rain jacket or bibs made with Gore Tex or other waterproof, breatheable membrane. Here's the link:

http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/gal...llery_id=00006