www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Someone has to be fishing.

Default Someone has to be fishing.

I am guessing there are a few of you who are taking advantage of this nice "warming trend" and weather system to chase a few fish.

Has anyone moved any fish this weekend? It is hard for me to shake free this month with being on the road so much. The withdrawal is getting the best of me.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I did not go out this weekend (i hard prior plans i was needed in Colombus, to help stimulate the economy), but i went out last weekend, and last thursday as the storm hit. Hard to find a musky, but the pike were everywhere. My totals from last week were 2 fish in the 24inch range, 1 around 28, 1 lower 30's and 3 in the 36inch bracket. It was a good time, i needed to really work the fish, slow. I had caught the same 36 twice once on saturday and again on thursday.

Anyone else doing any good?

I've been on the water alot, being laid off has a few upsides. I haven't put a lunge in the boat recently I've had some follows and got broke off last week pretty sure it was a ski. On a good note I've been pounding the northerns and walleye on the river, alot of big fish.

Nice to hear that someone is fishing! I haven't even purchased a license yet. I spent the weekend clearing snow from my driveway and even found my canoe. The run-off at least in my area (SW PA) is going to be unbelievable once it starts. Should make for a bizzare spring.

Nice fishing weather shaping up for the weekend and into next week. The chirping birds made seem a little like April this morning.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

fishing report.... thursday was good had a 40ish musky following to boat got it to strike but lost it.... big bummer,friday was dead nothing at all, today was great, lost another fish, but my buddy caught his personal best walleye 30'' 18'' girth it was a hog.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0306101723.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	8825  

I am headed out tomorrow to do some trolling for a hog.

Default Southern Version

We did get out Saturday nice day 3 in the boat 2 36" and a 41" had another 40 plus come unglued at the boat. The snow melt now has the river to high and muddy it's going to be a few days before things get back to normal. Note to self 3 of the 4 fish came in the last 30 minutes of light after fishing all day being in the rite place during a short feeding window didn't hurt. Water temps here Sat was 35.

Hey Keith,

Were you out with Greg? Nice job on the fish. I too have noticed the "last light" fishing during sunny Spring days can be deadly. Cloudy days seem to be mid to late afternoon, at least for me.

I will be in Grundy on April 15th and headed back on the 18th or 19th. Maybe we can get together......

Good luck!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

We fished 8 hrs Wednesday with no action.

Anyone bang or see any fish over the weekend??
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Default april

Red,
    Yes me and Greg were together he also went back this weekend to fish a couple days and i was to meet him on Sat. but the river raised over 7 feet in less than 1 hour glad we weren't out there . April sounds great we for sure need to plan something....

Red,
    Fished the river around Oil City Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Friday I caught a 32.5", nothing Saturday, and on Sunday caught a 33", 37", and a real fat 46". Fish on Sunday were caught at 8:00, 10:00 and 10:30. Can't get back out until Wednesday but I always like the high muddy water.
    Reed

I assume those were your first fish for 2010? Nice job!!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Yeah those were the first ones. I had only been out 2 times in January with no luck then the ice was real bad. I would be going out tonight but we are taking the boat down to Wiegle's to get worked on tomorrow so it will be ready for the season. Have you been out at all?
    Reed

I took another Winter off this year just to give the fish a break plus to get myself re-charged again.

First trip of 2010 coming up this Saturday since the weather is looking warm enough.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress