www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 3-12 report

Default 3-12 report

Fished south of Gladstone again tonight. Access was still in pretty good shape, all things considered. Lots of people driving out with quads and sleds. I'm guessing it will remain decent through Saturday. With high temps predicted to be in the 50's on Sunday and Monday, it's doubtful it will last much longer.

I hoofed it out to where I've been fishing, and set up in the middle of the group that's out there now, (gee, wonder who's fault that is?) Creepers are an absolute must to walk around out there!

Started fishing at around 5 O'clock. Hardly marked a fish until 6:45. Between 6:45 and 7:05, I limited out! First fish took a #2 Shell Bell Shiver Minnow, but the rest were on a #9 Firetiger Jigging Rap. I had no action on the tip-ups tonight. The current was pretty strong, and may have kept my minnows too high off the bottom. Who knows? The first four were in the 15 1/2 to 18 inch range. My limit fish turned out to be the big one of the night - 24 1/2 inches.

Good luck to everyone, and use EXTREME caution this weekend!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a.JPG 
Views:	415 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	8910   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b.JPG 
Views:	336 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	8911  
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

nice job Chris. getting 5 in 20 minutes must be a record.
    JB Lures Field Staff Member
    Team Vexilar Member