www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Thanks, Chris

Default Thanks, Chris

I'm in no way affiliated with Chris and his bait shop, but I wanted to take a moment to thank him for all his help. He's of course an expert and what goes on, but he's also very happy to help someone like me who has a lot of "novice" questions.

He's also been consistently pretty generous (I think) when counting out a "dozen" minnows or what not.

In this world of big conglomerates running everything, I love the fact we have some great local bait shops in this area run by people who truly love the outdoors.

Keep it up, Chris. Thanks!

Default thanx chris

I second that, great guy! See ya next thur.

Default Third!!!

I too enjoy talking to Chris and picking up tips and bait. I agree he is very generous with the minnow count! Love the fact that he gets out there for himself too.

Chris I was in there yesterday and you pointed out going off the Campground instead of the Harbor. I did............... nothing. I did mark fish and they followed my jigs and spoons up several feet but would not bite. It was a nice night out there anyway.

Keep up the good work, and i will continue with my patronage!!!
    Always better than a good day at work!!

Default Absolutely Agree

Chris is very good at NOT counting. We have all been to bait shops that leave something to be desired. Chris is a great representative of U.P. hospitality.

Thumbs up thanks bay view!

Thanks to Chris and Dianne for all your help with questions and being so generous on the live bait!!!

Shanty Claus Guest

I also agree Chris and Diane are great! I make sure to stop by every trip for bait and the latest fishing reports/tips. As for the extra minnows, I just figured Chris wasn't real good at counting, and I did not want to insult him by pointing out the extra minnows in the pail

I too would like to thank you Chris. I only fish the Bay a time or two a year and you are quick to point a guy in the right direction. A trip to Escanaba isn't complete without a stop by your shop!

Talking yep, yep

If ya need to know-he knows it... If ya gotta have it-he will get it... Great guy.. Wish my local guy was this good.. Must stop even if ya don't need anything..

Talking Thanks guys!

Yeah, I never was very good at math I've never understood how places can get away with counting out an actual dozen minnows and still charge full price! It would be one thing to charge $1 for twelve 2 inch minnows, but not $2.75. Insane! One of our regular customers this weekend looked in his bucket after I gave him 2 dozen minnows. He said "I asked for 2 dozen, not 22." I was a little surprised because it sounded like he wasn't happy with the count - like he only got 22 minnows in his 2 dozen. I looked at him and asked "Are you complaining about the count?" He was all apologetic and said "No, no, I mean asked for 2 dozen, not 22 DOZEN."

I actually did get in a LOT of counting practice at the sucker tanks the last few days, though! I don't think I've counted out so many suckers in my life! Diane and I apologize to everyone that came looking for big suckers, but had to settle for smaller ones. We ordered twice a many as we normally do this week, but we still ran out! We'll try not to let that happen again the last few weeks of the season.

Anyway, we thank you all for your comments. It's nice to know that people appreciate the work that we do, and we hope to keep at it for many years to come.

Thanks again.
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

Default Bait Shop Guy

Not familiar with LBDN all that much. Which bait shop is Chris affiliated with? I need good advice and a good minnow count.

Quote Originally Posted by DWB4X4 View Post
    Not familiar with LBDN all that much. Which bait shop is Chris affiliated with? I need good advice and a good minnow count.

If you click on "The Bait Shop Guy" name found in this thread that will provide you a link to the shop.

Just go to the Bays de Noc home page http://www.baysdenoc.com and click on "sporting goods." We're right at the top of the list.
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

Cool Counting method!!!

Yeah , I can attest to the fact Chris can't count. I've got minnows left over from 2 years ago I haven't used yet. Problem is they've grown so much their too big to eat for the fish I catch!!!!! Thanks, Slammer!!!!