www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: genes pond

Default genes pond

any one catching any gills there or any where else let me know if you could trying to make up my mind were to go this weekend thanks

Genes pond has been getting hit hard the past couple of years. Went out there about a month ago and caught about 100 and threw em all back because they were to small.

buddy of mine went to the mine ponds and said it was a waste of time going there. didnt catch anything. he always catches quite of few gills when he goes there, not sure what is going on there.

Default Not surprised

Fish populations are cyclical, but.....I'm not surprised fishing is down at Gene's Pond or the Mine Ponds. Have had some great days out there in the past, but have also seen groups of guys with hundreds of gills on the ice---some respectable and some small, and have also seen posts about taking out 150 over a weekend, etc. Those bodies of water are not that big and the pressure will only increase now that they put in new boat launches it will only increase. With today's electronics---like flashers, ice fishermen are far more effective than they used to be. Hopefully discerning fishermen will use their judgment on how many is enough in the future and the numbers will rebound.

My editorial comment for the day....good luck fishing fellas.