www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Why is it?

Default Why is it?

I have posted on here several times about when, where and what I catch. I fish here on Kates Bay and travel to Little Bay De Noc sometimes several times a week. When ever I fish I usually give a fish report. Some poeple ask me questions on here and some message me from here also and I always tell them what I know. So why is it when ever I ask a question, I hardly ever get an answer? Anyway, I will continue to give you my fish reports. So here goes. I fished Big Bay De Noc out off of Kates Bay this morning and got four really nice keepers. I had a camera with me and saw lots of perch. Now try to get them to bite is another thing. Some day I'll figure out those little buggers. lol
    When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish that too!

P.M. sent thanks

are your keepers walleye or perch

The keepers were perch.

Nothing to report... Haven't caught a fish in a week

CrankYanker...Any report is better than no report. Thanks

went exploring this week... tried some new spots with nothing panning out for me... late last week I was marking a lot of fish but could not get them to do anything.. saturday night I went way south of gladstone and didn't mark a fish.. couldn't make it out sunday (stupid V day) Went and pulled the shack closer to gladstone today becuase of the ship traffic down in the esky area and the snowfall... didn't even drill holes tonight but will give a report tomorrow.. found a nice lil hump I'm gonna try
    (heard on the scanner today 2 ATV's went through off the terrace.. The rescue squad was in route but was called off.. not sure on the details yet)

Post atv in water

1 atv was in the crack off the terrace. it was all the in except for its front tires and front rack. there was 1 other atv sitting there with headlights on with noone around. i saw a officer on shore and asked him whats up out there. i took him to the atvs. we didnt know where anybody was or if anyone was in the water. the officer waited then said if nobody knew anything he would have to call search and rescue. a few more sheriffs came and all of a suden 2 guys showed up to get there atv out. one of them should of stayed there. everyone was ok but we did have a scare for a little while. i heard a truck went in there last night so not sure if he went in the same hole.

be careful out there.

Thumbs down

some don't get out as much,also everyone gets tight lip when a tourney is coming up.I've been out once in the past 2 wks and only caught sublegal eyes in a 15min window around esky.normally would not post that because its not verry productive info.
    KEEP THE SLOT ON BAY DE NOC

Default he also...

tourangeau also buzzed my shack with a couple snowmobiles and a 4 wheeler, also taking the time to entertain us with do-nuts! before going to setup... i guess no fish is your pay back for the text message to tell me it was you... i caught one around 5-6 lbs.. and the other two guys got one 8lb.

payback's a _____ .

Same old story tonight.. I found the fish but they didn't want anything to do with eating.. I had them chasing the lure but the would not go for the life of me.. they chased a rap, tipped and not.. spoon with a whole minnow, half minnow, just a head but nothin.. I tried everything.... maybe i'll just put a tip up in my shack..... ha sure can't get them jigging for the last week. Oh well gonna give it a go tomorrow again. Didn't get all set up until quarter to six anyway tonight so I'll be ready for them now. Seemed to shut down about quarter after six..

Default slow night

Don't feel bad CrankYanker you weren't the only one with just lookers. I tried several different raps and spoons couldn't get them to commit either just light up the Vexilar and back to the bottom. And I started about 5:00 pm till little after 7:00 pm. They did seem to like to # 3 glow rap more.

Thanks for the tip... The ones that I had most interested liked the red glow lindy flyer spoon... with a minnow tail.. usually a deadly combo but not tonight!

Default d-nutz

we tried to get out but had to double bk due to a 1ft crack the wheelers could not cross.nice job on the fish kregs.
    KEEP THE SLOT ON BAY DE NOC