www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Sun. a.m. rerport

Default Sun. a.m. rerport

The day started off on the wrong foot. Flopped the front tires of the truck through the ice crossing the pressure ridge at Yellow Gate. Failed to follow my own advice and head farther north to cross it. Two of us checked and double checked the spot with a spud bar and it looked fine, but it was not. A good samaritan with a Jeep suv and a strong towing strap helped us lurch out of the ice trap.

As for fishing, we were set up in 12 feet and caught a couple perch right away, then had to deal with small pike scattering the panfish, and occasionally giving us slammer hits on minnows. Walking back to the truck, we checked on a couple fishing tip-ups in eight feet, and took some photos of 29" and 30" walleyes, and a 20" pike they were releasing. They were using about 6" suckers as baits. The biggest walleye was caught about 11:30 a.m.

Which yellow gate are you going off of?
    When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish that too!

Cool Don't feel bad!

Hey raywriter,
    Your not the only one that went through yesterday. I was actually scoping out the lake and action from my house with the high powered binocs yesterday and actually saw a SUV drop his front end in on the pressure crack just off the Terrace. From the sound of things , you got out a lot easier than he did. I saw this a.m. that he was out, but the vehicle was still parked there and must of had some damage to it. Glad to here you were OK. I might be headed out that way tomorrow . If I see a hole in the ice marked with a pair of dirty shorts, I'll know it was you!!! LOL. Slammer!!!

Default Bad Spot Location

We went out of the south Yellow Gate access.

Thank a bunch for the info. I'm still learning Little Bay so I hope everyone bares with me. I do have family over there. My sister owns the Kipling bar.
    When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish that too!