www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Opener

Default Opener

What is the first day you can fish for muskies on the chip? Is it Sunday the 23rd?

We are thinking about coming up for a camping trip mem. day weekend. Thanks.

Muskie season for the Chip will open on Saturday, May 29, 2010

Really? I must have read something different. I was hoping in was the Saturday of Memorial Day. Must have been an old link. Can anyone else confirm this?

Cool Musky - Northern Zone

From the Wisconsin DNR web-site: Musky - Northern Zone
    May 29 to Nov. 30.
    I think that pretty much confirms it.

Memorial Day is May 31st so the 29th would be the Saturday of Memorial Weekend.

Hey Ty what days do I have you booked? I lost the paper I wrote them on. Thanks buddy!

So far away! I wonder if I can find a sponsor so I can quit my job and fish all summer...

Quote Originally Posted by Snizz View Post
    So far away! I wonder if I can find a sponsor so I can quit my job and fish all summer...
    I had a sponsor for one summer (I had a sabbatical from work) and it was one of my best summers ever. Suffice it to say the intensive casting left me with one incredibly bad case of "casting elbow" and blown bearings in my reel, but it was a small price to pay for time on the water and the memories.

If you can find any way to pull it off, do it. You will never regret it.

Hey Gary, hows it hangin? I talked to you for a bit last year before heading up and trying Moose.

Ty, I called your cell the other day to see if you if you had an opening the Tuesday after Memorial day. I guess that would be June 1st. A half day in the morning would be choice. Let me know.

I thought for some reason Memorial day was the previous weekend guys, my bad. I was on the Chip by myself last year on Memorial weekend and I remember it being a little earlier. A few more days of sun won't hurt anything before the opener.

Gary, I have you down for July 24th in the evening, July 26 and 27 in the evenings, August 2nd in the evening, August 4th in the evening and October 23 and 25 full days. If you need to change anything call me.

Ryan Mitchel, I'll call you right now to book a trip.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Ty

I think we are a go for the Wednesday morning, June 2nd. I will call you tomorrow afternoon to confirm. Also do you sell decal stickers? Something to slap on the boat?

The only decal I have is one Mike(the guy that won the logo contest) made me. It's Tupac (yes the rapper) in the middle of a Sennett Tackle logo.

Probably not your style but makes for some good humor. He only made me a couple. Pretty funny looking.

I don't really plan on doing any decals. I've found that the trucks with decals on them make great targets at the boat launches. Found out the hard way too.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

I would put them on the boat not on my brothers truck. Good heads up though!

Ty, I left you an email regarding the morning of June 2nd. My brother thought it would be more beneficial to go out with you on the front end of a trip as opposed to the very back end. I agree. If anything changes Memorial day weekend, please let me know, cause we would be down for going out for 1/2 or full day from Saturday May 29th thru Tuesday June 1st.

I would still like to come up for a day sometime later in June or early July.

See you at the show this weekend. Thanks, Ryan.

If you sent an email I probably didn't get it. I'll see you at the show and we'll go over some dates.

Thanks,
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Quote Originally Posted by dfkiii View Post
    I had a sponsor for one summer (I had a sabbatical from work) and it was one of my best summers ever. Suffice it to say the intensive casting left me with one incredibly bad case of "casting elbow" and blown bearings in my reel, but it was a small price to pay for time on the water and the memories.

If you can find any way to pull it off, do it. You will never regret it.
    I remember that Dan...I was so jealous...all I could do was enjoy both of my trips to LLL...always look to see if the boat is there...missed you last fall buddy!