www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: reef runner cicada

Question reef runner cicada

hi guys, does anyone use the cicada. Im looking to try something on my jigging rod different to appeal to these finicky walleyes. And if you use them do you tip with anything?

Thanks for the help
    Jerkbait

Default Finicky Eyes

I Still Think The Rapala Is By Far The Best Lure #7@5.. I Would Down Size To A #5 With A Minnow Head If They Wont Take It Naked.. 1/8 And 1/4 Buckshots Work Good Too With Minnow Head Threw The Lips... I Think There Is A Lot Of Smaller Eyes In The Bay Right now So Smaller Baits Would Be Better.. IMO.. Good Luck
    Last edited by finnish fin; 01-25-2010 at 03:07 PM.

Got one of them this past summer and caught a few pike on it. Forgot I had it, I will have to try it this week.

For what it's worth, I could hardly give the things away at the shop!
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

I've tried to use bladebaits through the ice.diff brands , size and colors with no luck.They work well in open water fishing.No luck on em through the ice yet .
    KEEP THE SLOT ON BAY DE NOC

Default Blade Bait Use

Speaking strictly of winter use, I have not hooked many walleyes using blade baits, but I sure have attracted them with these lures. A standard "middle of the day" approach for me is to rig a slip float with a two or three inch minnow in one hole with the bait 3' off bottom. In an adjacent hole I lay a blade on bottom, stir up some sediment, then rip it up three feet followed by hitting bottom again. After three to six rips I reel the blade in and closely watch the slip float. When using a camera or a flasher you may see a walleye come in to snoop around and maybe hit the minnow. Of course you'll pull in pike and sometimes perch as well.