www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: flasher vs graph

Default flasher vs graph

Graph... cheaper, silent, long battery life
    Flasher.... Much more expensive, noisy, Much more expensive.....

Ok if price was no issue. which is better?

Default Vex vs locater

I have an FL8 Vex I use for ice duty as well as an X67C. I use both although not at the same time, but I'll use the Vex and my wife uses the Lowrance(she can't effectively read the Vex) while in the shack together and there are no interference issues. I like to switch off once in a while to give my eyes a rest. The Vex is very sensitive and once dialed in it's awesome. But in water more than 15 feet deep the X67 shines, especially when bait fish are cruising through and you can separate the bait from game fish faster. Everyone has their favorite and for different reasons. I like both.

Default For ice fishing it's clearly......

A Marcum! Pay the money and get the best. I constantly knock my buddies Vexilar out. No comparison in marking fish between a Marcum vs a graph.

Default Flasher

Last year I bought a Showdown and have great luck with it. I have used a vex and like them both. Showdown is about 279.00 Vex is maybe what 400.00. I will take the Showdown. Showdown also just bought Marcum and is good quality. Take your pick Any of them is better than not using something.

Default showdown

I actually have had a showdown... well an aqua vu before it was showdown... (vertical pixel graph) thing is it went south late last season.... May go with another or change it up. just looking for advice... Not sure if i'm gonna shell out 500 though

Default locator

Look into craigs list or other sporting web sites for a decent used one.
    lake-link.com
    comes to mind.