www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Pounders anyone?

Default Pounders anyone?

Have any of you "bionic men" been chucking pounders (or the like) this Fall??

Just curious to hear if anyone punishes themselves with them and if the results have been favorable.....
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

One of the fish I caught out of Georgian Bay was on a Pro Dawg Pounder. I didn't throw them all day, I would just pick big fish spots to throw them. I don't think my shoulders could take using them all day. No luck in PA yet but Mag Dawgs have never felt so easy after you switch from the Pounders. I have a 2lber hanging on my wall at home that I'm afraid to take out in the boat. Maybe I'll try to troll it this weekend.

Last year at the ohio musky show, i picked up mamoth curly sue and the biggest suzy sucker, I talked the man down got them cheap ( i really got them to hang up for show). Anyways the curly weighs like 23 oz and i threw that only a few times (to see whats it was like) i said this is for the birds, was not even fun, ok the first time it hit the water i got a good laugh after that it was to much work.

But i do use the suzy sucker, i only troll that one. But as far as success, i can not report anything other that you know that you got 16 oz of plastic tugging on the line.

I have been chucking pounders and megaDs around a lot. I have put way too much time into them. I am trying to prove to myself that I can catch a PA fish on one of those things. I toss them with a 9'3" XH okuma and can't tell too much of a difference between them and a mag dawg. I have had only one follow on the lower Allegheny while tossing a megaD-maybe a 44"-46" fish.