www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: clam question

Default clam question

I was wondering if any one has rigged up a clam portable with a tow bar. I know you can buy one from clam corp but I'm cheap and like to save a buck if I can. Any ideas? (I know I can't wait for ice either)

I used conduit.

Default tow bar

I too used 3/4 inch conduit, easy to work with and strong for medium duty.

Smile clam towbar

I made a towbar for mine (clam guide) Beats the heck out of having the sled run into the back of the four wheeler! last year using 3/4 in. conduit for the bars ( mine folds for storage) and small 1/8 in 1" by 2" steel rectangle tube about 2" long just cut one side out to make it into a channel for mounting brackets on sled drill 2- 1/4 in. holes in each bracket and use washers inside to prevent pulling through the plastic.the bars are held on with 2-1/4 in by 1 1/2 hitch pins then all you have to do is make some type of clevis/ hitch to hook onto a sled or 4 wheeler.

Also I made a extra set of mounting brackets and put them on my Jet Sled so the same tow bar can be used on it.

When you bend the tubing if you want to prevent kinks pack tightly the tubing with sand and tape the ends shut.It helps make smooth bends then when your done just empty it out.