www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Slowwwwww!

Default Slowwwwww!

We got back out on the water yesterday afternoon, I fished with a great family from Rapid River, the Paquette's. Fishing was very, very slow for us. We started up at the north end where we've been doing pretty decent lately pulling Walleyes Choice (http://www.walleyeschoice.com) harnesses over weeds. I think we had 4 walleyes on...and all four came off. Fish were biting very light and it was obvious that the recent cold front and drop in water temperature had the fish in a negative mood. We made a move south to the black bottom area and the water was even colder down there, around 62 degrees, nothing going there either. We had time to try one other spot south of Gladstone. We were in 25 to 28 feet of water going over some high spots over a reef and we managed to catch two keepers and a couple undersized fish. It was the slowest day I've had on the water in a long time. We'll get them back out there again sometime when the conditions are a little better. Just tellin' it like it is, we try hard to put fish in the boat, but some days they just don't bite. Sounds like some nice stable weather coming up this week, hopefully that gets them biting again. Good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area.

Captain Ken Lee
    Bay de Noc Charters
    http://www.baydenoccharters.net

Smile

Even though the fish weren't biting last night, we had a great time fishing with Captain Ken. We would recommend him to anyone! We may have only had 2 keepers but it wasn't for lack of trying. Just as he said, we tried 3 different spots but sometimes the fish just aren't interested, which only makes it more thrilling the next time you go out and catch a bunch! We learned a lot and want to give Captain Ken a big THANK YOU!!

Cool You go Girl!!!!

Hey Xraygirl,

Glad to here you had a good time, figured you would , and sorry the fish weren't cooperating. If I had a nickel everytime that happened , I wouldn't be able to hold my pants up. Hope Ken didn't charge you for the extra baggage your carrying and wondering how many times he had to empty the P-bucket. Ha Ha. You probably should've left the ol boy at home, seems like you catch more fish without him. Again , glad you guys had a good time and we'll see ya and talk to ya soon. MRIBOY!!!
    P.S. A couple more months and you know what--- THREE MORE TIP-UPS!!
    Slammer!!!!!!!!!!!1

Tip ups...Ugh! We're still pulling silver salmon slammer, give us a break!
    Gary
    "SeeSwell"

Thumbs up Tip Ups!

Hey Slammer!
    He didn't charge me for my "extra baggage" and I actually made it 5 hours without having to use the P-Bucket! I did however go directly to the porta potty as soon as we docked! I should have left "him" at home!! Although, he tried to blame me as the bad luck! He said he should take his last week of vacation the end of December..I thought maybe it would be to spend time with the new arrival that is due around then, but no..he is ready for the ICE as well!! Let me know if you need me to cover for you while you find a new place to live...any news on that?
    See ya!