During the past few weeks of "high water" muskie fishing, we managed to temporarily loose 3 musky baits. I know exactly where they are and 2 of the 3 belong to me. The water levels are down now and as soon as my boat is finished, I hope to go back out next weekend and retrieve them.

WHAT IS THE LONGEST TIME FRAME ANY OF YOU HAVE LOST A LURE BUT EVENTUALLY FOUND IT?? ANY GOOD STORIES??

Of course I will start with a short story of my own................

I had some clients out during the Winter of 2004 and we were trolling perchbaits (of course). I hit a snag in 28 feet of water and my favorite purple shad color perchbait was lost in the depths. When I put on my glove to try and pull the bait free, my line snapped right at my hand which left 30 feet of line attached to the end of the lure. A few weeks later (unknown to me at the time), those same clients came back and tried their luck in the same area. A week or two after that, I recieve a package in the mail from one of those previous clients that had my perchbait in it. The letter that was included said, "Hey Red, we went back and fished that area and caught the same bait you lost last month so I thought you might want it back."

Talk about an honest guy!! What are the chances that my bait would have been found but better yet how many of us would have sent the 30.00 lure back to the original owner plus pay for the postage??