www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Reds "monster muskie"

Thumbs up Reds "monster muskie"

Hey Red, When are you going to give the details of your "Monster Muskie" catch? I can't wait to hear the story about landing this well deserved "GIANT"

Brian

With respect to the location in which that fish was caught, it will remain annonymous and the details are pretty simple: Jim Bortz and I went fishing on a semi-unfamiliar body of water, we hooked a fish and both of us had our role in getting that stud in the net. Pretty simple.

It is by no means "my fish". It was a "boat fish" and without both of us doing our job, the fish would not have been netted.......not trying to be a jerk here Brian, but Jim and I agreed to keep this under the radar and to simply enjoy the fact that we were looking at the largest PA musky either one of us had ever landed . I even felt uncomfortable posting the photo of ME holding it because we BOTH caught her. I could not imagine trying to net her by myself with all the thrashing and strong runs she made all around the boat while Jim and I were tripping over each other everytime she changed directions.

I hope you understand.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Default sounds mysterious

hmmm...unnamed body of water...unfamiliar...makes ya think

I'm going to have to make a trip to cowanesque next year before the NY opener...maybe I'll get lucky...

I know what ya mean about a 'boat fish'...it really is a team sport. anyone whos fished alone knows how invaluable having a 2nd in the boat is when you have one on the line...nice going...

Brain,you really did not think he would realease the details of that musky?I can hear you chuckling now. I will tell you though Brain of results of Dave the marine results of the susky trip. they had 6 hook ups and 11 follows 2 boated one hook up being a very large fish .the others being 38 to mid 40s fish.Dave told me to call him for the best conditions and I did he was in his car and off .they only fished 17 hours total. new area of gathering are being formed and fish were stacking.reason I am not sure but have good idea its because of walleye groups in the area and there heavy use of the spots.nitro are you talking about cowenesque lake ? located almost to New York? If so I have fished that a couple of times myself and Tom Deitz we have both seen nice fish there.