www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: HP limit on pym?

Default HP limit on pym?

I read on an old website that the horsepower limit for motors on lake pymatuning is 10hp....is this true?!?

It's now 20hp.....and I read somewhere that if you are using a kicker motor, the main motor (in excess of 20hp) must have the prop removed and left on shore. Not sure if this is true or not....someone else may chime in with more info.

Tony

they say anything over 20 hp prop must be removed. I never took mine off of my 50 when I was there and saw a few others that didn't either. I just chanced getting caught and didn't.

Where did anybody read about removing a prop? I fish there quite a bit in the spring and have never removed a prop from our large motor for years. As a matter of fact, I always put my boat on the trailer with my big motor on hp restricted lakes and have never had a problem. I even did it with a WCO standing on the dock at Arthur, and he didn't care. I have never head anything about removing a prop and don't know anyone that does. Would like to know where to read it for myself.
    Thanks
    AA

I've looked all around for some law about removing props. Still can't find anything. All the PFBC website says under boating regulations for HP restricted lakes is that the use of motors larger than 10 or 20hp is prohibited. Doesn't say anything about removing a prop.

Where did you guys read this? Or are you just taking somebody elses word for it? Was it an actual law or regulation or just somebody on a message board?

I've also been stopped on Arthur by the patrol boat because he thought I was trolling with my big motor. Why would he check to see if I was trolling with my big motor if I'm not allowed to have a prop on it. I think he would have said something aout removing the prop if he took the time to come check which motor I was trolling with.

FishNSki...I think you said you read the law...where?

After some digging, I found it printed on the Fishing Hot Spots map of Pymo. Not sure where they got the info though???

Tony

Thanks for the reply Tony. I guess I would worry about it if we could find something posted by the law makers.