www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: FishTrap Lake, Sawyer Co, NW WIS????

Default FishTrap Lake, Sawyer Co, NW WIS????

Anyone ever fished this small, shallow, brown stained lake??? Has anyone caught or heard of any fish near or over 50 out of this small lake?? We've caught several fish in and around 40 inches, but have yet to raise a big fish here!
    I will be there in less than 2 weeks and can't wait!!!!

ILGreenhead:

So is your goal to catch a 50 out there??? There may be a limited opportunity for you to do so. I cannot answer the question regarding the specific lake. But I do know there are several lakes in the area that you would stand a chance though. Are you able to boat to other lakes??? I do know that Tanner fishes 'eyes on LCO in the spring and I bet he knows where a 50 or two resides on that lake as well as the Chip, Grindstone and others in the immediate area.

Mark

Default Not at all!

No that is not my goal!!! I know there are some fish in there pushing 48, but I was just curious if a lake that small could put out a 50 or 2???!!!!

We will be "trapped" at Fishtrap so to speak as far as fishing goes, and that doesn't bother me at all!! I love fishing this lake!!!

I'm sure there's a BIG fish in there somewhere after all these yrs!
    Just looking for other's opinions!

Geez, sorry I got you all riled up... I guess if there is a 48 in there, there probably is a 50... Small lakes can produce 50's if there is a solid forage base and good genetics in the fish in the particular lake. I know of several small lakes in our Miniocqua area that have kicked fish out around/at 50 so far this year. Several of these lakes are smaller than 200 acres.

Have fun!!!

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Benson; 07-06-2009 at 03:42 PM.

fishtrap is a great musky lake, alot of nice fish in it, I have heard of a few big ones in there over the last number of years, but mostly fish in the upper 30's and low 40's. fish the shallow weeds with bucktails and topwater this time of the year, also don't overlook night fishing either. Hope this helps you out.

Good luck,
    Tanner Wildes
    Captain Tanner Wildes Guide Service
    Tanner Wildes
    Web Site: http://www.tannerwildes.com

Default Thanks

Thanks Tanner! You gave me this same advice last year and it worked GREAT!!

I'm really hoping to raise a big fish there in 2 weeks!! I will be banging and clanging them orange, red, and chart Double Cowgirls all week!!!! Gonna try orange/blk Top Raider, Hawg Wobbler and Jackpot at dusk everynite as well!!!

Hope the water is up a little like last yr so we can run everything just above the weed tops!!

Thanks guys!!