www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Round Lake

Default Round Lake

Have a co worker heading to Hayward for the first time on August 10th and staying on Round Lake. He wanted some advice about that body of water. I have never fished Round. I suggested some other lakes that I know the scoop on but he will be pretty much limited to Round due to boats,time, group....etc....What advice do you have for him for multi species fishing on Round that time of year....Are there any guides that know that lake better then others that could be recommended...again multi species not so much Muskie....Thanks Rip

Its been a long time since I've fished Round Lake, but heres what I remember. Make sure to get a Hot Spots map, there are cribs on Big and Little Round that are good for panfish. Fish the rocks just inside Little Round by the bridge for bass, especially at night. Also the bay on Big Round (that Famous Daves is on), fish the weeds for northern and troll Rapala's at night for walleye. Good luck.

Give Bill Shumway or Darrel Neighbour a call. Their names should be in the book. If they can't take him out they will send him in the right direction.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Default a marked hot spots map

I am looking at a successful walleye fishing book from 1999(freshwater angler series encyclopedia). They have the entire lake marked for you on page 65.
    enjoy
    tait